Help!

My biturbo's battery has died and I can't find the bonnet release under the bonnet. Can anyone help?
Just bought this project car. Been Googling for an hour and none the wiser. Pulled the release lever in the passenger footwell and the bonnet popped up several inches. Can't get further.

Thanks guys!

outrun

It's to the left of centre, about 3 inches, stick your fingers between the grill.

It was on my earlier car anyway.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
If it’s not there, it’s likely to be above the NS headlight and is a rod which needs to be pushed towards the centre of the car to lift the bonnet.

No dice.
There's a gap in the radiator or between two rads(?) in the centre/front of the engine bay and that's where the rod that holds the bonnet up is attached.
Can't see or feel anything else apart from the rod mentioned above. Got decent light, so that's not the problem.
?

If it’s not there, it’s likely to be above the NS headlight and is a rod which needs to be pushed towards the centre of the car to lift the bonnet.

Thanks Dicky. That makes sense because the seller fiddled about in that area, so far as I can recall.
Round 3 ;)

No dice.
Looked carefully and stuck my hand in and around as far as it would go,
but couldn't find what you're describing.
On a previous attempt, I could see a long U shaped piece of metal attached to the front/centre of the bonnet, that reached down towards the rad. Is this what the bit you mentioned above/behind the NS headlight is attached to Dicky?

If you've explained this as far as you can, no problem. My mechanic is only five minutes away and I'll give him a call on Monday. No urgency.

Lightbulb moment!! The rod you're referring to. Is this the rod which also holds the bonnet up, once it's raised?

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
6FD275B5-A10F-4222-A066-64D410650597.jpg

No, most Biturbos have a rod which rests above the NS headlight which must be pushed towards the centre of the car which then releases the bonnet:

Thanks Dicky. Penny dropped earlier.
Was a case of. When you eliminate all possibilities bar one. That's your answer.
Welcome to the weird and wonderful wonderland that is pre millennium Maserati :)

I had to Google that acronym too
Unfortunately, the manual, such as it is, was in the boot,
sooooooo without power......
Manual and all other paperwork now in locked safe ;)

Thanks again guys, for being so quick to help.
Spyder now on trickle charger in shed, under an
indoor cover.

My Ghibli didn't come with a manual. Was reading this thread just now thinking "aarrgghh, button above headlight under bonnet to push then release and lift..." it is a truly weird configuration but once you get it no problem :)

My Ghibli didn't come with a manual. Was reading this thread just now thinking "aarrgghh, button above headlight under bonnet to push then release and lift..." it is a truly weird configuration but once you get it no problem :)

Yep. I'm guessing that the weirdness has only just begun :eek:

Shaheenk

Welcome to the world of oddities. The Biturbo is full of them. You can realese the boot without power, you need a screwdriver and removal of the rear license plate.

put up some pics sometime