I'm sorry? How cheap?

bigbob

Nine years old so they had to get there price wise eventually. Brakes, clutch, next service as you say.

Was talking to the dealer about ordering a new one yesterday (great deals around) and it sounded like the future coupe plans are very vague. Still no certainty about Alfieri power generation and I would not be surprised if the GranTurismo is with us quite a while as long as they are allowed to produce a 350CO2/km V8 and can get ZF to make the 6 speed auto gearbox.

CatmanV2

I was thinking of a £40k budget for an MC-Shift in 2019. Seems I might have the pick by then

C

bigbob

I was thinking of a £40k budget for an MC-Shift in 2019. Seems I might have the pick by then

C

Think though, they have not made them in the pre-facelift form now for nearly five and a half years and most could have been bought for £90k new after discount so they could not stay at £50k or even £40k. As ever miles and maintenance will tell a bigger story than price alone.

Contigo

Sponsor
Yep I'd bet it needs Variators doing (3k) , clutch (2.5k) and a service (1k), add that all up and you are about where my car is (£38k) :D

rivarama

I am amazed about the value of the GT... Thinking about what I spent on my F430, it doesnt feel like I got the same value for money... If i didnt need to back seats and boot space of my touareg, i would get another GT as my DD

iainw

ofenomeno99

Not sure it’s THAT cheap. Depends on brakes and clutch etc as others have said- but it’s a very early one and it’s a private sale.
Hewie’s is a different league of spec and still avaialbe I believe.
For your budget of 40k in 2019 you will have the pick of Mc shifts for sure!

Is the Ferrari gone already??

safrane

Wow...now its almost a scrapper.

I guess with all cars you need to go with eyes open and have it checked out.

Now for me if the car last another 6k miles thats three years of ownership with little out lay (joking of course) But at that price you qould not be worried about the 50k cliff and realy could enjoy it fully.

iainw

Yep!
4 replacement options on my radar.... but I am not feeling the urgency with this weather unless a really good deal comes up.

Ewan

There's no obvious reason to assume it needs lots of work. It had a new MOT last week and has passed the last three with no advisories (so the tyres and brakes are, at the very least, in okay condition). For all we know it may well have had a recent service, new clutch, new tyres, new brakes etc, and be a bargain. For anyone looking, it has to be worth at least a telephone call. If it was at a reputable dealer, an MC-Shift of this spec and mileage would be around £39,995, so (potentially) there's a worthwhile saving to had.

iainw

Of course there is! It's the way we do things. Anything cheap is rubbish.

C

Lol. You can't win on this forum. Everyone wants a bargain..and when something is advertised to sell....its 'too cheap' and clearly fit for the tip!
Agree with Ewan - deserves a phone call for those who are looking, and at least have a discussion to see if the vendor is genuine and has looked after he.
If a private sale had asked anymore - it would have been 'overpriced' without a warranty etc.

CatmanV2

Lol. You can't win on this forum. Everyone wants a bargain..and when something is advertised to sell....its 'too cheap' and clearly fit for the tip!
Agree with Ewan - deserves a phone call for those who are looking, and at least have a discussion to see if the vendor is genuine and has looked after he.
If a private sale had asked anymore - it would have been 'overpriced' without a warranty etc.

My point, exactly. If I was in the market yet, I'd been on the phone like a shot. I'm not a fan of black on black, but I'd certainly like to have a look.

C

Andyk

WOW..Just seen the Ferar has gone...That was a short ownership my friend. I know like like changing cars though and let's face it too many out there to try .... Look forward to seeing what's next.

azapa

Yep!
4 replacement options on my radar.... but I am not feeling the urgency with this weather unless a really good deal comes up.

I vote for a 2 seater strad for weekends and e39 M5 for family trips. What prizes are you offering for the winner?