Need another Masser!

flexwing

It's nearly been a year since I sold the 4200 and find myself with excess money and nothing to worry about. Add this to the dark nights and **** on the telly, I find myself having deep stirrings and unnatural thoughts about another maserati to light up my life!
Does anyone know of any decent facelift 4200's about?

safrane

Richard Grace has a nice and v.low miles one for sale and there are also a number of owners GS for sale on here too.

D Walker

It's nearly been a year since I sold the 4200 and find myself with excess money and nothing to worry about. Add this to the dark nights and **** on the telly, I find myself having deep stirrings and unnatural thoughts about another maserati to light up my life!
Does anyone know of any decent facelift 4200's about?

18 month for me !!

flexwing

Thanks chaps. I did see the car for sale by Richard Grace but a bit rich for me. Looking to pay around £16K for a weekend toy.
I did have a shot at a 3200 which is for sale locally but too rough. I have to say though I liked the drive, very quick and I think I prefer the interior to the 4200. I could be tempted but concerned about reliability issues. I also like the CC gearbox in the 4200. I found it worked well, even in traffic.

safrane

They are all miles/£££ sensitive... what would you consider miles wise?

There are a number of higher miles 4200 going for that sum.

flexwing

Happy for a higher mileage car, say 60K plus. The main issue so far within this budget is maintenance. So many sellers seem to think its ok to avoid the big ticket items as long as a "main dealer service history" and stamped up service book is provided. When you enquire about discs, clutch, suspension bushes etc and the inevitable list of MOT advisories that haven't been touched they're not interested. Having been that mug that fell in love with the car and overlooked all the obvious issues - never again - hopefully!!

allandwf

Thanks chaps. I did see the car for sale by Richard Grace but a bit rich for me. Looking to pay around £16K for a weekend toy.
I did have a shot at a 3200 which is for sale locally but too rough. I have to say though I liked the drive, very quick and I think I prefer the interior to the 4200. I could be tempted but concerned about reliability issues. I also like the CC gearbox in the 4200. I found it worked well, even in traffic.

If your ever passing my way your welcome to try my 3200, (Manual.) :)

flexwing

Cheers, that's really kind. It was an auto that I tried. Great car but I would prefer the manual in a 3200. Is the end float issue exaggerated?

allandwf

Cheers, that's really kind. It was an auto that I tried. Great car but I would prefer the manual in a 3200. Is the end float issue exaggerated?

Not the damage it can cause! but probably you hear more of the failures rather than the ones not effected. It seems ti strike quite early on mileage wise, and not all cars effected. It reminds me when I had the Cerbera they had a reputation for snapping cranks, again just some but not all.