Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gransport advice and anyone know this car?

I cant understand the "Repair it when a deal is agreed" - I would walk away, present it ready for sale.
    Funny my 4200 never had any either - 05

My GS is spotless to. But hey, let's not spoil another Forum negativity story!!!

Come to think of it, I can't recall having to deal with any corrosion or blisters on any of my 3200 or later Masers. I have to go back to the Ghibli II and QP IV era cars to have had any such work.
    Ewan

Current Maserati - QP Sport GTS, GranSport MC Victory, GranTurismo-S MC Sport Line
    Previous Maserati - Khamsin, Shamal, Ghibli II, Ghibli Cup (x2), QP IV Evo (x3), 3200 (x2), 4200 Spyder (x2), QP V (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
    My GS is spotless to. But hey, let's not spoil another Forum negativity story!!!

Come to think of it, I can't recall having to deal with any corrosion or blisters on any of my 3200 or later Masers. I have to go back to the Ghibli II and QP IV era cars to have had any such work.
    Intermittent and latent

Not on all cars and can appear under the rear lights after some time

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Two scabs on the rear arches, and a small spot on the bottom rear corner of drivers door on my 3200, all now dealt with. Not too bad for a 16 year old car.
    60/75

Gents, I was simply stating what I have seen and seeking owners experiences of what GS paint colours are easiest to blend in when carrying out bodywork repairs. It's great that your cars are in rust free condition but why all the dismissive "funny that" responses to what is not an uncommon problem with the GS? See the attached thread picturing the forum owners experience with his GS as an example.

http://www.sportsmaserati.co.uk/show...ust+rear+light
    Pete

Past Italian: '99 Alfa GTV 3.0, '96 Ferrari F355 Spyder.
    Near future: GranSport or GTS MC Shift.

That silver is okay to blend/match. But Bianco Fuji is tricky, as is Blu Victory (which is a problem for me as I'd like to re-spray the nose on mine as there are a couple of stone chips that are annoying me).
    Ewan

Current Maserati - QP Sport GTS, GranSport MC Victory, GranTurismo-S MC Sport Line
    Previous Maserati - Khamsin, Shamal, Ghibli II, Ghibli Cup (x2), QP IV Evo (x3), 3200 (x2), 4200 Spyder (x2), QP V (x3)

That silver is okay to blend/match. But Bianco Fuji is tricky, as is Blu Victory (which is a problem for me as I'd like to re-spray the nose on mine as there are a couple of stone chips that are annoying me).
    Thanks Ewan. I think I'd prefer to live with a couple of well touched in stone chips rather than risk a slightly different shade nose. Plus it keeps paintwork original. You know if you go for respray you'll pick up a fresh stone chip straight after!
    Pete

Past Italian: '99 Alfa GTV 3.0, '96 Ferrari F355 Spyder.
    Near future: GranSport or GTS MC Shift.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234