Door opening

jamesbilluk

Hi all

The GT seems to have gone all Italian on me. When I try to open the passenger door, the electric opener solenoid doesn't seem to function, but the manual door catch seems to work fine. Luckily the drivers door seems to work ok. Just wondering what could be wrong,

James

AaronE

never heard of it happening to just one door, but have you disconnected the battery recently? everytime I do, I have to use the remote to lock and unlock the doors like four times to get the doors to work. worth a shot for free... but I doubt it'll work.

montravia

Sounds very familiar especially when battery is low coupled with confused window decent. Check out the battery

jamesbilluk

Many thanks guys,

Will give the battery reconnect ago tomorrow. It does seem to have started doing it now the weather is getting colder. I have a battery conditioner as well which I could plug in, see the state of the battery.

Ebenezer

I had to replace the handle on the passenger front door becasue the electric switch stopped working. I lived with it for a while, and Mrs Eb liked the fact that I had to open the door for her as she kept catching her delicate finger in the manual release. It did start to work again occasionally, but then conked out completely and I got it replaced.
Eb

Doohickey

Velociraptor
I had the same problem with my driver's door handle. Turned out it was the locking mechanism itself other than the door handle and so had to have that replaced. IIRC if you squeeze the door handle and can still hear the solenoid clicking then it's the lock. Mine had been intermittent before it stopped working altogether.

Good luck in getting it sorted.

jamesbilluk

Hi Guys

Thanks again for the replies. All sorted now, luckily it was much easier than I thought too.. First went to check the charge of the battery (60%) so gave it a boost during the day, door still not working...Found in the end, that the electric release handle had got its self jammed, a bit of WD40 and its working perfectly now!

James.

montravia

Well, I've fallen victim of this too, although the only way of getting the passenger door open is with the internal mechanism.

It's happened before, but after a decent long blast to recharge her batteries, it has cleared, not today, not playing says she.

Mind, it's probably because I've neglected her for a week or so, the battery certainly sounded sluggish on start up, dashed tracker drain, combined with having left out on our forecourt/driveway until I can clear the garage of removal garbage from our recent house move.

I'll put her on an MX5 recondition cycle tomorrow to see if that clears it. Strangely, the window detent usually plays up before anything else, but seems OK.

On other cars, it's been possible to spray WD40 or electrical cleaner into the lock mechanism without having to remove the inner panel. It was too dark tonight to see if its possible.

However, the symptoms seem strange: no solenoid sound as usual when voltage low, but tried the external manual lever next to the microswitch handle/catch for the first time. Very very stiff, as is the driver's side too. Manual opening has probably never been exercised.

Any advice on squirting fluids/repelants down suitable orifices would be gratefully received. Not sure that the mechanism is truly bu%%ered yet since it has burst back into life on full battery. It'd be good to free up lazy/seized mechanism though

MarkMas

Chief pedant
The electric latch on my rear driver's side door has stopped working too. But if you wiggle it, then it starts working again for a bit. Ftech tell me that it is the micro-switch in the handle that is failing, and a new handle would be £162.80 + VAT if they could get them, but there aren't any anywhere to be had. I might try some WD40. Does anyone know if it can be disassembled and tweaked anyhow? Or even can the micros-switch be changed out ? (Even I managed to do that with my leaf blower....).

I'm beginning to think that the thing to do is to just buy another QP and use it for spares.

spkennyuk

The electric latch on my rear driver's side door has stopped working too. But if you wiggle it, then it starts working again for a bit. Ftech tell me that it is the micro-switch in the handle that is failing, and a new handle would be £162.80 + VAT if they could get them, but there aren't any anywhere to be had. I might try some WD40. Does anyone know if it can be disassembled and tweaked anyhow? Or even can the micros-switch be changed out ? (Even I managed to do that with my leaf blower....).

I'm beginning to think that the thing to do is to just buy another QP and use it for spares.

Is this the part you need ? The sellar has all four available if its the opposite side.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/MASERATI-Q...OME-DOOR-HANDLE-CARRIER-68808900/263495278122

CatmanV2

I would imagine the switch is standard, but someone needs to take the handle apart to check.

C

Ebenezer

Had to replace the front passenger handle last year. Handle seems sealed - not sure how to dissassemble. Happy to donate for research
Eb