Well priced QP Sport GTS

rockits

Oooh yes very nice....I'd want half alcatara in a GTS though. Shame that was around when I bought my QP.

Dyer3200

I rather like that - full service history, lowish mileage, sunroof, no mention of variators - looks more grigio than black
Had a GTS before and they are soooo much better than the standard QP
Not complaining but why are these cars so cheap ?

Ewan

Utter bargain.

But for me, a GTS needs some alcantara and carbon fibre. These elements are a crucial part of what sets the GTS apart from the rest.

Nemcova

Is it just my opinion, or are these prices starting to get a bit stupidly low?

I’m sure that this trend won’t be exclusive to the QP’s at this rate, and when the cost of standard parts, repair, service, warranty etc., starts to represent such a substantial percentage of the cost of the car itself, then we’re all looking at a potential problem for the marque.

I’m starting to wonder if I should start stripping my own QP down for parts, as at this rate they’ll be worth more than the whole car. It’s a rediculous trend for a great cars like these, probably the best car I’ve ever driven.

When are buyers going to wake up to just how great fun these cars are? - It’s a very sad and misguided trend.

Wack61

Is it just my opinion, or are these prices starting to get a bit stupidly low?

I’m sure that this trend won’t be exclusive to the QP’s at this rate, and when the cost of standard parts, repair, service, warranty etc., starts to represent such a substantial percentage of the cost of the car itself, then we’re all looking at a potential problem for the marque.

I’m starting to wonder if I should start stripping my own QP down for parts, as at this rate they’ll be worth more than the whole car. It’s a rediculous trend for a great cars like these, probably the best car I’ve ever driven.

When are buyers going to wake up to just how great fun these cars are? - It’s a very sad and misguided trend.

High volume cars are easy to value because there are 1000s for sale that all look the same , Maserati's are difficult to value and really are worth what somebody will pay once they get over 10 years old or 50k miles , people start reading forums like this , see cars with 4K bills and are put off.

Even people that love the cars offer them up for sale as soon as a new member expresses an interest because they know buyers in the private market are few and far between , imagine what the 19k GTS PX price was , 16k?

Andyk

I can’t believe how cheap QPs are recently. Some nearly new/ low mileage ones in the 30s. Just mind boggling.
So good looking, practical , luxurious and nice sounding.

And this model is the best of the 4.2's........I though this model was going hold its value reay we against QP's but obviously not. Ewans is still my fav but at this money you would have to take a look as one owner low miles cars aren't usually at this price point. One thing for sure QP's are really hard to sell though. Lots hang around for months and months and months and from people's experience of selling on here you just have to be patient....very patient.

P5Nij

I rather like that - full service history, lowish mileage, sunroof, no mention of variators - looks more grigio than black
Had a GTS before and they are soooo much better than the standard QP
Not complaining but why are these cars so cheap ?

Is there much of a difference in the driving between the two Dyer..?

(I've not driven a QP yet!)

Andyk

Yes...it's a much more sportier drive....and all the better for it....I've not driven be but had a passenger ride and it felt a far more sorted car than a standard one and they are bloody good to.

Ewan has had most and can sing the Sport GTS praise enough.

Dyer3200

Yes they are chalk and cheese, the skyhook suspension was rubbish with 20" rims - the GTS Bilstein damper set up is lower and stiffer (25%) with shorter springs and the ride height is reduced. The lower and stiffer set up in conjunction with Brembo six pot calipers and larger discs transforms the look and makes the car a lot sportier and satisfying to drive - the alcantara seats and carbon interior add more to the experience but are purely cosmetic - I would have another in a heart beat - might even put a cheeky bid on this one

rs48635

Drove them all new back-to-back ages ago and all agreed the Sport GTS drove the best. Non-skyhook suspension plus bigger brakes made a noticeable difference, especially in sport mode.
Now I have the Sport GT (with carbon trim + cream leather) not sure I would swap for that one. The six speed manual gearbox is a joy, dry sumped engine goes great plus variatiors not an issue. They do need a clutch, but was told mine needed replacing 3 years and 40k miles ago. go figure. Next option for mine would be to swap tired shocks for decent aftermarket coilovers, voila Sport GTS handling for less than OEM shocks.

rockits

I was considering an aftermarket set up on my QP Exec GT when I need to change the dampers.

Has anyone put any aftermarket suspension on a QP yet? Any recommendations or costs?

m1980k

You can do a straight swap for the Bilstein dampers for a GTS. They are much cheaper than the Skyhook items.