QP V 4.7 OEM front Discs and pads

Razz

Hi All

Just to let everyone know that original Maserati QP 4.7 front discs are only £321+vat each, and original front pad set is £375+vat.

This is substantially the cheapest original parts I have found and ordered from Eurospares (arrived yesterday).

Best

RAZZ

Razz

Andy you are quite right, the price of owning a maserati I guess

Unfortunately there are no replacement front discs available for QP 4.7, Eurospares are cheapest for the original maserati discs. The from pads from maserati dealers £840!!!

Best
Razz

Wack61

Only £400 each :D

I find it quite surprising they haven't used off the shelf discs , my 4200 has parts with Ford marked on them so they do raid parts bins from other manufacturers

MGT

Yes I got a shock when I first discovered the front brake setup costs! Seems a huge amount for what they are

rockits

Agreed. I went the same way. Seems to make the most sense as combination of a well priced entry point & reasonable running costs.

Ebenezer

Makes the 4.2 auto the sweetspot of the QPV range with no clutch to replace (4.2 DS) and no expensive front brakes (4.7).

Yup. This was my thinking when I was looking for a QP, although oddly Emblem said that the Eurospares pattern discs won't fit my particular car for some reason which I've never got to the bottom of, and therefore had to pay top dollar (relatively speaking) for the OEM 4.2 discs. But these are still much cheaper than the larger discs on the Sport GT.

Eb

philw696

Only £400 each :D

I find it quite surprising they haven't used off the shelf discs , my 4200 has parts with Ford marked on them so they do raid parts bins from other manufacturers

I'm intrigued Darren what Ford parts will fit a 4200 ?

Razz

QP parts costs and maintenance costs

And people were wondering why QPs were so cheap. :/

Factor in the parts and servicing costs, and the inevitable unplanned repair costs.
Still think its cheap?
I guess it is the passion for maseratis that maintains its secondhand market

Razz:hammer2:

allandwf

Factor in the parts and servicing costs, and the inevitable unplanned repair costs.
Still think its cheap?
I guess it is the passion for maseratis that maintains its secondhand market

Razz:hammer2:

To initially buy. :)

MGT

Hi All

Just to let everyone know that original Maserati QP 4.7 front discs are only £321+vat each, and original front pad set is £375+vat.

This is substantially the cheapest original parts I have found and ordered from Eurospares (arrived yesterday).

Best

RAZZ

Razz, any pics of your discs up close - reference numbers etc? I missed out on this 400 a disc price unfortunately! I can't believe they aren't off the shelf discs...

CatmanV2

So what's the cross reference Chris out of interest ?

Ahh, this was somewhat tongue in cheek I suspect. I'm certainly not aware of any Ford cross references, unless I grabbed a ford switch and used if for the boot release (I didn't but that's the sort of thing I was suggesting!)

C

Mattp

does the 4.7 uses the strange ally/iron composite disk? has anyone investigated swapping for a two piece disk and normal pads? I'm sure a bell and correct sized rotor shouldn't be too hard to match up? the initial outlay would probably be the same, but subsequent replacements would be significantly cheaper

Razz

Hi
I’ll try and take some pics when the wheels are off next.
Best
Razz