Constant beep... even when car locked

Quiller

My 2007 QP Sport GT has just started to issue a constant electronic beeping from dash panel.

It's still going even when the key is removed from the ignition and the car is locked. Any ideas...?

spkennyuk

Try disconecting the battery for 20 mins and then reconnect and see if it clears.

Is there a pattern to the beeps ? If its like the 4200 the number of beeps before the pattern repeats can indicate what the problem relates too.

spkennyuk

I suspect it got confused if the key was in the ignition or not.

Battery reset will often cure any electrical gremlins. If it happens again it is worth checking the battery is fully charged and in good condition. A low battery can cause all sorts of electrical niggles.

CatmanV2

Try disconecting the battery for 20 mins and then reconnect and see if it clears.

Is there a pattern to the beeps ? If its like the 4200 the number of beeps before the pattern repeats can indicate what the problem relates too.

I don't recall any beep pattern on the 4200?

C

spkennyuk

13 beeps for the handbrake and 3 if you start the car in gear from memory. Something along those lines.

Navcorr

Oh, cut the bleeding heart cr*p, will ya? We've all got our switches, lights, and knobs to deal with .... down here there are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights ..... they're flashing and they're beeping - I can't stand it anymore! :smile:

D Walker

Oh, cut the bleeding heart cr*p, will ya? We've all got our switches, lights, and knobs to deal with .... down here there are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights ..... they're flashing and they're beeping - I can't stand it anymore! :smile:

Yep, there is a lot of traffic lights in Edinburgh....

safrane

On the 4200/GS you have a constant low level bleep whilst in R... This is on top of any parking sensors bleep which is far higher in volume.

You also get bleeps from any tracker when you first start the car or put the ignition on.

Slowly

And GS but probably all 4200 beeps when you are at a very long set of lights and it goes from 1st into N (cue silly revving noises and red face if you haven't noticed and try to pull away), plus there must be keys in ignition when you get out of car beeps and you haven't put on your seatbelt beeps... I've not noticed 4C (or, very annoyingly, 40F - apparently one cannot change the UK model car display to centrigrade - some Brexit fanatic way ahead of the curve when the car was new 10 years ago) ice warning beeps but they are there on other cars.. plus, presumably beeps from peeps wondering what you are up to at the green lights sitting there puzzling over what the beeps mean.

spkennyuk

On the 4200/GS you have a constant low level bleep whilst in R... This is on top of any parking sensors bleep which is far higher in volume.

You also get bleeps from any tracker when you first start the car or put the ignition on.

Your spending too long in reverse Safrane ! 3 to 5 beeps should be enough :laugh: