Silly question maybe but... skyhook?

MGT

How would I best check if my GT MCS has it? Aside from the obvious that nearly all do.. The owners manual says you can pick the settings by pressing a button that I can't find.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
You need to do a spec check with an Main Dealer. All Auto’s have it but not all MC Shifts. Otherwise, Non Skyhook shock absorbers are yellow, Skyhook ones are metallic in colour. I’m not 100% certain that this applies to all models.

StuartW

In my experience, if it feels a little twitchy & unpredictable through corners then it probably has skyhook!

bigbob

How would I best check if my GT MCS has it? Aside from the obvious that nearly all do.. The owners manual says you can pick the settings by pressing a button that I can't find.

Easy. Find a poor quality road surface and go down it in normal. Then do it sport and if the ride is firmer then you have skyhook.

PS Look to upper right of nav screen to find sport button.

azapa

My non-skyhooks have red Eibach springs oem. Also, if you look hard enough, you would find a cable exiting the top of the skyhook shocks.

alfatwo

Easy. Find a poor quality road surface and go down it in normal. Then do it sport and if the ride is firmer then you have skyhook.

PS Look to upper right of nav screen to find sport button.

That's dead on Bob.. the engine ECU at the same time changes the engine mapping ;)

Dave

Contigo

Sponsor
Yes the SPORT button firms up the ride. The Non-skyhook cars are a better prospect but try finding one without it!!!!

AaronE

very easy. open the hood. if you have wires coming out of the strut towers, you have skyhook. no wires, no skyhook.

the red springs (eibach) are sport springs, black might be non-sport.

bigbob

very easy. open the hood. if you have wires coming out of the strut towers, you have skyhook. no wires, no skyhook.

the red springs (eibach) are sport springs, black might be non-sport.

Can't see as the engine cover is in the way.

Dyer3200

Red springs are the MC (Maserati Corse) handling package, this transforms the handling and most people are oblivious until they experience the difference (skyhook is shite by comparison )

It's the same as the Stradale set up - mine has it and boy what a difference

MGT

The button to change the comfort settings? IIRC the manual calls it "button C"

AaronE

as far as I know, there is only one button that affects the shocks, and that's the sport button.

and ps. you *can* see the shock towers without removing the cover. just look through the hole next to the power steering fluid cap.

24f31e0b03b4d50229f49e0bac66dc08.jpg