High mileage Stradale, family seat model

StuartW

Yes, it's been for sale for a while and has recently been reduced in price. It's a tough sale though as most Stradale owners rarely use them and won't want that high mileage, but surely a good deal for someone? They wear the mileage well, as do all GTs so I can't see an issue but low mileage still rules it seems.

Andyk

Cheaper than a two seater.....just......are the miles an issue.....If you keep her and don't do many then maybe not but when 4 seaters seem to start at 75k with low miles that's a good 10k saving it you don't mind the miles...and e blue inside....

Question...what sort of miles would you get out of the carbon discs....They cost a bloody fortune to replace....I know talking to a chap who has them on his 911 turbo they last 2 to 3 times longer than standard ones....Is this right....

StuartW

The Stradale ceramic discs are SUPPOSED to last for the 'life of the car' but whether that is true or not, I don't know. I believe that the only way you can check their wear levels is by removing them and weighing them, it cannot be checked by the usual visual inspection. They have a minimum weight stamped on the discs, under which they should be changed. In fact on some Ferraris, when they go below this weight, a sensor is triggered and the car goes into limp mode! They can also suffer from stone chipping which would mean they need to be changed.
Once you are used to them, they are fantastic but you are right, they're very costly to replace

FF1078

Cheaper than a two seater.....just......are the miles an issue.....If you keep her and don't do many then maybe not but when 4 seaters seem to start at 75k with low miles that's a good 10k saving it you don't mind the miles...and e blue inside....

Question...what sort of miles would you get out of the carbon discs....They cost a bloody fortune to replace....I know talking to a chap who has them on his 911 turbo they last 2 to 3 times longer than standard ones....Is this right....

Yes you shouldn't have to change them within 100k unless you've tracked it a lot.

Porsche ceramics have a claimed life around 80,000 miles. Few go that far as they suffer cracks from debris thrown up from the road or a clumsy tyre fitter who drops the wheel onto them when replacing tyres. On a 996 Turbo I looked at before I bought mine, it was a 70k miler car with ceramics back in 2012 priced at £25k. I enquired about the cost of ceramics if I had to replace them - around £12k! I politely declined in 12 hours - other reasons as well - it was a dog with oil leaks, tuned and remapped (badly) and tatty from being tracked. Owned by a dentist who was a miser!

GeoffCapes

Porsche ceramics have a claimed life around 80,000 miles. Few go that far as they suffer cracks from debris thrown up from the road or a clumsy tyre fitter who drops the wheel onto them when replacing tyres.

A clumsy tyre fitter is the ideal scenario as would get a new set FOC (after a lot of insurance haggling!).

conaero

Forum Owner
Discs aren’t that bad on the Strad. I would say 50k Miles is about right. They don’t really wear in thickness, the surface tends to start breaking up. You can have them refinished for a grand we’re the surface is removed to leave it fresh.

Discs New are a grand a corner, rears will last a lot more and front pads are £400.

So your looking at £2.5k to replace the fronts.

My front pads at 24k miles are half spent.

Andyk

A grand a corner for carbon discs......that's good Matt....Aston want 12k I believe for 4 carbon ceramics on the V12 I believe.

conaero

Forum Owner
Ive just looked and the prices have shot up to £1500 plus vat each but they were less I looked when I first got the Strad.

Front pads are £700 plus vat

So I am led to believe all the disc materials are the same it’s the bells that are individual.

Contigo

Sponsor
The reason it is not selling is because interior!!!!! **** me what ever inspired them spec that?!?!?!? I'd say it's verging on as grim as Geoff's "Harry Ramsden" pea green carpet special in his sh1tbox 4200!

GeoffCapes

The reason it is not selling is because interior!!!!! **** me what ever inspired them spec that?!?!?!? I'd say it's verging on as grim as Geoff's "Harry Ramsden" pea green carpet special in his sh1tbox 4200!

Since when has beige been pea green?

StuartW

Ive just looked and the prices have shot up to £1500 plus vat each but they were less I looked when I first got the Strad.

Front pads are £700 plus vat

So I am led to believe all the disc materials are the same it's the bells that are individual.

They are cheaper now though than when I looked a year or so ago - at one point, a full set of OEM discs & pads were over £20k!

FF1078

Discs aren't that bad on the Strad. I would say 50k Miles is about right. They don't really wear in thickness, the surface tends to start breaking up. You can have them refinished for a grand we're the surface is removed to leave it fresh.

Discs New are a grand a corner, rears will last a lot more and front pads are £400.

So your looking at £2.5k to replace the fronts.

My front pads at 24k miles are half spent.

Where did you get those prices from Matt?
They seem incredibly cheap!

MrMickS

I quite like the interior. Its just the white exterior I'm not keen on. A good price. I would be tempted, as people say mileage is only an issue if you're not planning on driving it.

Andyk

Yep, I don't mind the blue...yes it's very blue but still prefer it over all the black you see....Although I do rather like the red and black interior of the one in Ireland for sale.