GranTurismo is now ten years old

FIFTY

You would think that after 10 years people would know what it is... today I overheard someone in a Peugeot RC Z thing calling a GT-S a Chinese car that shouldn't be on Britain's roads and that it sounded like there was something wrong with it (because it was loud with the valves open)... I was at the wheel of the 3er in total fits of laughter... why do people sit at the traffic lights with their windows down on their car phones? Not quite one for 'overheard in Guildford' though...

alfatwo

So what do think the parts situation is going to be like in a couple years time for these olds cars then?..!! Its going to be difficult..

Coming from a 3200GT owner that's another eight years on!

Dave

Merak Memories

classic car insurance, lots of depreciation and quirky looks, what's not to like!! Once overheard someone asking what was a Maserati- reply, Italian Jaguar. I was a bit insulted at first and thought they should have said Italian Aston, but on reflection they were probably right. GT reminds me of the XJS, big and sleek with a slightly unusual look.
mm

CatmanV2

So what do think the parts situation is going to be like in a couple years time for these olds cars then?..!! Its going to be difficult..

Coming from a 3200GT owner that's another eight years on!

Dave

But they are still producing the GT so it's not really a parallel case

C

Navcorr

The GT is an achingly beautiful car, every single line on it just works ....

I find it hard to argue. Once you've managed to park it, it simply commands attention, and then love

C

My preference is for a pre-facelift Spyder - exactly because the aesthetics are beautiful.
If not then it has to be a GT - exactly because the aesthetics are beautiful.
Someone at your BBQ Catman, can't recall his name, seemed at little confused by this.
He didn't bother asking so I didn't bother explaining - different cars fair enough but both gorgeous in their own way.

CatmanV2

My preference is for a pre-facelift Spyder - exactly because the aesthetics are beautiful.
If not then it has to be a GT - exactly because the aesthetics are beautiful.
Someone at your BBQ Catman, can't recall his name, seemed at little confused by this.
He didn't bother asking so I didn't bother explaining - different cars fair enough but both gorgeous in their own way.

There were plenty of confused people at my BBQ :D

C

Ewan

It has the MC Sportline interior (as the advert states), but not the MC Sportline exterior (which, as you mention, would mean it would have the carbon rear spoiler and carbon front wing splitters). Looks nice.

Andyk

Three blues are available...

Blue sofisticato £565
Blue inchiostro £7200 !!!
Blue assoluto £7200 !!!

You would never pay 109k either when a few are for sale used/demo at 89k already. I rather like the face lift and think it really does work and update the looks perfectly but fear they aren't going to shift that many this late in its life.

Andyk

What a price difference....same year, same colour....looks better as the chrome is black around the window....1000 miles instead of 500 miles on the one at 109k yet this one is 85k .... 24k less......I predict that not many will sell over 100k if these demo prices are anything to go by....

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201711071014835?atmobcid=soc3

iainw

What a price difference....same year, same colour....looks better as the chrome is black around the window....1000 miles instead of 500 miles on the one at 109k yet this one is 85k .... 24k less......I predict that not many will sell over 100k if these demo prices are anything to go by....

It could be a good accompaniment to a chocolate teapot collection in terms of investment potential.

Andyk

All the reviews say they are old school and all the better for it.....(Although old school for me is a manual box ) ........ But as soon as you say old school it will only appeal to the enthusiast and people like us which us a limited market for sure....I really can't see them selling many before the replacement comes out.....and bet not many will pay the retail price.

GeoffCapes

All the reviews say they are old school and all the better for it.....(Although old school for me is a manual box ��) ........ But as soon as you say old school it will only appeal to the enthusiast and people like us which us a limited market for sure....I really can't see them selling many before the replacement comes out.....and bet not many will pay the retail price.

Maserati is a limited market anyway.

You won't pinch sales from the Ferrari/Lambo/Macca brigade.

Porsche drivers like Porsches because they do everything well, albeit a bit sterile in some cases (especially at the GT price point).

People buy Maserati's because they are Maserati's. Because they looks great, sound great and at normal road behaviour are as good as anything on the road. It's when you want that extra 10-15% is where they 'fall down'. But to the normal drivers out there, they are awesome.

This is the point that is missed in car mags. All the test drivers drive the best cars in the world. So when you drive something that is awesome in real world driving and just ok when on the limit, they're not going to give it great scores.
People should drive cars and make their own opinion of them before rubbishing them (like your standard pub expert who drive a Vauxhall Vectra).

Take a man out of a Vectra and put him in a Maserati and he'll think it's the best car ever!
Take a man out of a Ferrari F12 and put him in a Maserati and he'll say "it's ok".

bigbob

I bet you neither of them are actually registered so will have no miles.

I was interested in getting one of the new cars as a ten year keeper but it would have to be a factory order to get spec I could stand and I wasn't going go pay the silly money for the dark blue which is what I wanted.

As an aside from MY2010 or 2011 they went to speaker covers that were colour coded with the door card but they seem to have dropped that now - strange.