Locking the car without the alarm

P R

I am off on a Euro trip in a few weeks, involving a ferry crossing home (Zebrugge to Hull).

Is there any way of locking the car (Ghibli) without arming the alarm? And yes I have read the handbook and can't find any mention of this..

Ta

FF1078

On the Stardale there is a button above the interior mirror that you press before locking to stop the interior alarm and the anti tow alarm also.

P R

Thanks I will have a look later.. The handbook mentions the motion sensor in relation to towing or ferries, then doesn't mention it any further!

MrMickS

I never managed to find a way to do it, I looked in August when I was heading off to Italy. Nothing in either the paper handbook or the updated one that you can download via the App. In the end I just left it armed. I've been on four Ferry trips with it so far and its not gone off.

The only thing that I did do was to call Vodafone to tell them I was on the ferry so that they didn't call me that it was moving with the ignition off! I also changed the numbers of Vodafone to call to mine and M's mobiles as they have a habit of calling the landline and leaving a message. Not much use when you're on a European jaunt.

GeoffCapes

On the Stardale there is a button above the interior mirror that you press before locking to stop the interior alarm and the anti tow alarm also.

Same on the GTS. The guy on the Ferry on the way to Le Mans was most insistent we turned our alarms off.
Not sure many did though.....

outrun

On the Ghibli, click the lock button 3 times in succession turns off the alarm off completely but keeps the car locked. Used to do this when I had my kids in the car etc. I can't confirm but I suspect that locking twice in succession turns off only the interior sensor.

keith

On the Ghibli, click the lock button 3 times in succession turns off the alarm off completely but keeps the car locked. Used to do this when I had my kids in the car etc. I can't confirm but I suspect that locking twice in succession turns off only the interior sensor.

Yes I believe so as well.

P R

Just to say yes, that worked a treat. I locked the car with 3 presses, and the red LED light on the dash stayed on constantly instead of the usual flashing, I guess to show that it was locked without the alarm.
Also on the way out on Eurotunnel ended up on the high carriage which was much better for the Ghibli than the normal double deckers. Had the inevitable 90 min delay though..