2008-2009 GT Buying advice needed

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
One and the same, Andy!

Not bad for the price of a monthly Sky subscription, eh?*

*albeit with one car chucked in as deposit and then a few years of financing.

Andyk

Don't mislead, Iain - it was £54.88 / month. Watch the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves!

It's true. Seriously, I nearly fell off my chair. £54.88 / month for a V12 Vantage S roadster with 16k miles on the clock. Black on black, yellow stitching. Looks the dog's back wheels. Although the deposit is approximately the shape of a GTS and the optional balloon about the shape of a Strad, there's no denying that £54.88/month is certainly eye-catching!

The residual doesn't suprise me as the V12 depreciation is very slow now. With the new Vantage out in November and potentially no V12 with the new engines the V12 and V12s will be very collectable and last of the breed. The last limited edition V12's and the AMR final run V8's and V12 cars are already being advertised at 220k plus.....That's some profit......

Andyk

One and the same, Andy!

Not bad for the price of a monthly Sky subscription, eh?*

*albeit with one car chucked in as deposit and then a few years of financing.

Yes that sounds very tempting......How about we go halves....even job less I could stump up the £29 a month......Perhaps that will sell it more to your wife....See always looking at ways to help a friend Adam.... .......

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it's true. Residuals, even guaranteed final values, are extremely strong. Some of the non-guaranteed values are sailing a bit close to the wind in my view (75% after 4 years).

iainw

To be honest it became less tempting (male logic) when it was clear it was almost a sensible purchase. Lovely spec though and when decatted would sounds the dogs. I agree I think it will hold its value very well.

On a lighter note... I wouldn't trust going into partnership with Andy if he thinks £29 is half of £54.88 :banplease:

G

Guest 1678

Thanks for the positive comments on mine.

In terms of what's next, I'm not 100% sure. I do know that while I still have mine I'll never get round to ctaually making a decision but will just lose days on AutoTrader. I'd far rather lose days driving and drooling over something new. So I'll sell what I've got and put myself in a position where I can actually make a decision and act on it.

Something smaller is important - these are big cars and I don't really need something that big now. A 2+2 or even a two-seater would be fine. A big engine and a sense of driver engagement conbined with decent comfort is key. And a good noise.

One thing I've come to love about the MC 'box on the GTS is how engaged you feel with the car - you need to actually drive it, to think about the gears, where you want the power and how to use the 'box to hit the points where you want to maximise torque, traction or outright grunt. I don't get the sense that more modern dual-clutch cars, whilst being more technically advanced, offer that level of engagement. For me the MC is a perfect mid-point between a manual and the 'lazy' ease of a full auto.

The shortlist is probably something like an F-Type V8 (but it loses out on the 'box and it doesn't sound as good), an Aston V12 Vantage S (but the bloody things are expensive to the point where it could cause domestic turbulence) or something I haven't though of yet. Or a Strad, with two seats.

Come to the dark side!

StuartW

That all sounds great but I would want the Vantage as well as the Stradale which isn't going anywhere, so it's a non stater for me. But I do I really need this 5 bedroom house ...?!

GeoffCapes

That all sounds great but I would want the Vantage as well as the Stradale which isn't going anywhere, so it's a non stater for me. But I do I really need this 5 bedroom house ...?!

A one bed flat with a double garage should do the trick Stuart! :boss:

Andyk

To be honest it became less tempting (male logic) when it was clear it was almost a sensible purchase. Lovely spec though and when decatted would sounds the dogs. I agree I think it will hold its value very well.

On a lighter note... I wouldn't trust going into partnership with Andy if he thinks £29 is half of £54.88 :banplease:

Ah yes good point....Thought it was £58.........well 57.99 but thought as good will I would pay a little more 