Wheel Spacers

jamesbilluk

Hi all,

Whilst I'm loving the GT, I'm starting to think the wheels look hidden in the arches. Ive read about wheel spacers, do they affect the handling at all / are they safe?

James.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
I've got some that are waiting to go on which I bought from a mate who sold his GT. He says there was no impact on handling or tyre wear. They are the hub centric ones where you get longer bolts that attach the wheel to the hub.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Do it, James! They transform the look. No impact on handling or safety. Some say you should get the 4-wheel alignment checked afterwards, some say you don't.

JJbing

No problems regarding safety, handling feels a little better if anything

I’ve got 30mm H&R on the rears and 5mm on the front, really changes the stance of the car from an e type jag! Would recommend

Scaf

This is a mod I intend to do - thinking 15mm at the front and 22mm on the rear ........ the current stance is a little lacking in the wheel arch department !

Andyk

Do it as it needs it......The only bit of the GT they got wrong as far as looks are concerned and easily fixed. Adams GT S looks perfect now it has spacers.

jamesbilluk

Thanks guys, will get these ordered! The photos I’ve seen it looks like it’s a massive difference

Going to go with 25mm on the rear Would 20mm on the front be to much?

Scaf

With the 15mm spacers I need to buy longer bolts but it’s not clear what length I need -anyone know?

alfatwo

Guys, I know its all about aesthetics for you..

But f*ck up the Ackermann and ruin the front suspension geo settings with those spacers and the car will handle like shite!

Dave

alfatwo

Why can't they just design them with the "correct stance" in the first place?
Eb

Maser chassis engineers spent millions of euros on R&D doing just that, with the wheel hub offsets, wheel design's, and ride heights in the original factory spec.

And then some muppet comes along a few years later and thinks he can do better than the factory with some 500 dollar's worth of aluminum spacers!

Dave

spkennyuk

Maser chassis engineers spent millions of euros on R&D doing just that, with the wheel hub offsets, wheel design's, and ride heights in the original factory spec.

And then some muppet comes along a few years later and thinks he can do better than the factory with some 500 dollar's worth of aluminum spacers!

Dave

I understand what your saying re R&D but Alfa as an example sent the 159 out with the factory geo settings wrong and had to revise them later.

Im not a fan of spacers but if the geo is redone after fitting then can the various toe and cambet settings not be set back to factory just with a slightly wider stance / track.

Im no expert. Im just asking the question.

AaronE

now if they and their millions of dollars could only design a suspension that wouldn't scrub the inside 1" of tire to the cords in 10k miles...