Traffic Data

Canova

Hi

Does anyone know how to display traffic data on the satnav in a 2016 Ghibli.

Thanks

canova

MrMickS

Not sure you can do it. If you're using the SatNav it will pick up traffic information and re-route accordingly, except in France.

keith

Hi

Does anyone know how to display traffic data on the satnav in a 2016 Ghibli.

Thanks

canova

In the top left of the map screen you will see a circle with a picture of a car inside. It will be green orange or red depending in traffic conditions. Touching the circle will take you into a page that give you traffic info.
It takes a few minutes or if the signal is poor longer if the signal which it uses to pick up the data is poor.
Like Tom Tom the system relies on interrogating mobile phones, which Garmin interpretes as being in a car moving along any given road. When you sign your mobile contract you agree to have the position of the phone monitored by your provider. This data is then used to calculate traffic conditions.

Canova

Hi Keith

Thanks for your prompt response, does the traffic data display on the map, ie; changing the road colour to reflect the severity of the traffic in the same way that Google Maps and WAZE display traffic data.

Regards

Canova

davy83

When you sign your mobile contract you agree to have the position of the phone monitored by your provider. This data is then used to calculate traffic conditions.

The world we live in eh! My new central heating controller works out if I am at home from my phone location and controls the heating to suit. What next.

safrane

Another five years and phones will take over the world...All hail the I Phone we will be forced to chant.

MrMickS

Hi Keith

Thanks for your prompt response, does the traffic data display on the map, ie; changing the road colour to reflect the severity of the traffic in the same way that Google Maps and WAZE display traffic data.

Regards

Canova

The road colour does change yes. The M5 always seems to be red heading up towards Bristol whenever I'm on it.