GTS MC Shift for sale

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
So by deciding to sell, you must have an idea of what you are looking at buying?

I constantly like us all look at other cars and think it’s time for a change but that is the dilemma. Into what? I think also situation and time of life also plays a part in that, a big part.

I have 2 kids (13 & 7) so ideally I need 4 seats. Would love a 2-seater but I could not do it to them! Yet ;-) Also have a 2 seater at my disposal.

I also want to have a dealer “local’ish” for anything expensive that I would need a proper MD or very respected indie doing the work. So being north of Colchester, my options are limited to Ferrari, Maserati, Bentley (yuk) or Porsche.

I am also bored with paying for depreciation! I do not mind it on a daily driver, wife has a Disco but that owes us nothing and looking at the GBP 114K I paid for the Stradale knowing that it is worth GBP 68-78K probably, I would want to go fo a car that does not depreciate if I pay more than 100K for a replacement.

So that leaves me with looking for a proper 4-seater sports car that I will be happy to drive when I want to (i.e. does not live in a dehumidified garage daily) but will not do more than 3-4K miles per year and which will be a better drive, experience and car compared to the Stradale,,,,,, and will NOT depreciate!

Find me a car that ticks those boxes and i’d be interested...

I have been dreaming of Indy’s and Espadas but they are not a DD. 456 and 612’s leave me cold. I want to like a 612 but just can’t.

So it’s either 2 seats (laters kids but I have always lusted after an Orange Lambo) or stick.

Good luck with the sale and i’d be really interested in knowing what you are thinking of getting.

Stu

Well, I'm just east of Colchester and hence have an equally limited choice of local main dealers. As well as Lancaster Colchester, Marshall Ipswich will sort you for Jags, Grange Brentwood and Lancaster Cambridge will do for an Aston. Other than that it's into London.

My kids have more or less fledthe nest now, so two seats is feasible and I have the all clear from ground control. I don't have lots of other cars to use day to day but I don't drive day to day and don't need a car for work so it's not really an issue. My shortlist at the moment is probably (with notes):

- Stradale (but too visually similar to what I already have)
- Ferrari 599 (but I'm pretty sure I can't afford one, though the idea of some appreciating is extrenely attractive. Should have bought one three years ago when they were £80/90k)
- F-Type SVR (but ouch!, that Jaguar depreciation!)
- V12 Vantage S (jiggly ride may not be fully wife-compatable and depreciation is questionable. Still, one of the last N/A V12s has potential to not totally tank. Er, right..?)
- Cayman. This is on the list only because I keep looking at them, especially blue ones, but in reality will probably never buy one).

What I do know is that unless I sell mine first I'll never replace it.

FF1078

Well, I'm just east of Colchester and hence have an equally limited choice of local main dealers. As well as Lancaster Colchester, Marshall Ipswich will sort you for Jags, Grange Brentwood and Lancaster Cambridge will do for an Aston. Other than that it's into London.

My kids have more or less fledthe nest now, so two seats is feasible and I have the all clear from ground control. I don't have lots of other cars to use day to day but I don't drive day to day and don't need a car for work so it's not really an issue. My shortlist at the moment is probably (with notes):

- Stradale (but too visually similar to what I already have)
- Ferrari 599 (but I'm pretty sure I can't afford one, though the idea of some appreciating is extrenely attractive. Should have bought one three years ago when they were £80/90k)
- F-Type SVR (but ouch!, that Jaguar depreciation!)
- V12 Vantage S (jiggly ride may not be fully wife-compatable and depreciation is questionable. Still, one of the last N/A V12s has potential to not totally tank. Er, right..?)
- Cayman. This is on the list only because I keep looking at them, especially blue ones, but in reality will probably never buy one).

What I do know is that unless I sell mine first I'll never replace it.

Think I'm going to go 599 next after I've bored of the Strad.
I was going towards the Cali but want to scratch the V12 itch.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
If I did not have 2-seaters off the list, it would be a toss up between an Orange Gallardo SL or a TDF Blue 599.......

A TDF blue 599 with biscuit interior would be perfect... if only they weren’t just about as rare as hens’ teeeth. Those that have them seem to have no interest in being parted from them.

Selfish bastards.

bigbob

A TDF blue 599 with biscuit interior would be perfect... if only they weren’t just about as rare as hens’ teeeth. Those that have them seem to have no interest in being parted from them.

Selfish bastards.

In a partial way that is what I tried to replicate with my GTS.

G

Guest 1678

Just a shame the 599 is an older car though now.

To be honest when you are fpgiving it beans the age is not a consideration. The cabin tech may be a little dated, but a lovely place to sit. The gearbox is better than any cambiocorsa style box I have driven. The engine is just nuclear. Best of all - just about the best value car of its type.

Would love an 812 Superfast, but baby steps.

G

Guest 1678

Selfish bastards.

I tracked all 3 in private hands. They all know that they have something special.

G

Guest 1678

Been on the market a long time. It has dropped nearly 20k from original asking of £114,950. One of the first I enquiries about. In the end went the dealer route - 2 year warranty and finance rates via Ferrari very competitive.

Right colour combination. Mileage will be an issue for some, but as long as the clutch and brake readings are within tolerance it could be a winner. I reckon an offer of £92,500 and they would want it off the books.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it’s a lingerer, that one. Not sure why. Those Fezzas are bloody sensitive to miles, though. Too many garage queens?

dem maser

Just seen this, no way!!!
You selling that lovely car that has given me so many memories mainly in France?
I was in your car when i saw a little Lotus overtake a Strad and leave it way behind.....

If i could i would, that is great value and people would be mad to overlook yours for something else

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, Dem. It is a bloody nice car and replacing it’s going to be tough.

Yes, that was a good run back - Dan! was twitching round Athol’s ar5e like a squirrel on speed until he finally picked his moment. Great spectator sport!

iainw

What's more important in ferraris than mileage?

I am listening to this thread with interest.
I have scoured autorader for 6 months and done figures on around 20 cars. I have thought about all the ones been discussed.
I loved the Cali 30 sounded great and was very fast , quite practical and back seats better than a vanquish or 911 IMO.
Love the look of the 599 , sound and power bit too dated inside for me - which is sad as I think it would be the most sensible
Option.
Currently torn between a brand new 570s spider (added advantage I can use my 17 plate) and 12/13 458 spider. Opinions/ experiences appreciated.