GTS MC Shift for sale

iainw

McLaren, no question,,,,,,,, in orange

I got offered an amazing deal on a brand new orange coupe.. but just couldn’t do it.
I really favour black on black with red contrast and carbon ++.
If I am dropping the cost of a small house on a car and risking my marriage... it has to be right!
The look of the spider with the door up just dods ‘it’ for me. I just know it will drop
More than a 458 but should I care

iainw

I got offered an amazing deal on a brand new orange coupe.. but just couldn’t do it.
I really favour black on black with red contrast and carbon ++.
If I am dropping the cost of a small house on a car and risking my marriage... it has to be right!
The look of the spider with the door up just dods ‘it’ for me. I just know it will love
More than a 458 but should I care

God Phil!! Making it so hard for me to decide!

iainw

Just to suffice my curiosity,,,,, what constitutes an “amazing deal” on an Orange Coupe,,, my “perfect” combo...???

Very nearly new one from a main dealer for a good price. PM if seriously interested.
None
Of them sound as good as Adams though!

outrun

Thanks, Dem. It is a bloody nice car and replacing it's going to be tough.

Yes, that was a good run back - Dan! was twitching round Athol's ar5e like a squirrel on speed until he finally picked his moment. Great spectator sport!

I wasn't driving and Lee thought he was being caught by a cop car as Dan approached so quickly. Lees. Eased off and then saw that wing and sped up again!!

outrun

Neither Macca nor 458 for me. I’d have a 911 GT3 over either. However I’d also have a 599 or FF above that.

iainw

458 Spider. No question...

Why do you say that? That’s my gut feeling for sound/ residuals / overall.
The McLaren looks phenomenal and is super fast. The sense of occasion peters out though once
You close the doors and drive off. The F1 style LED cockpit in race mode is pretty cool though

iainw

Neither Macca nor 458 for me. I’d have a 911 GT3 over either. However I’d also have a 599 or FF above that.

It just shows how personal these cars are. Porsche is out of the question for me- under any circumstances. There is no sense of occasion or point of difference for me. I would prefer an M3. 599- I get their attraction but on balance it’s not in my thoughts. FF- main dealers took me out for a drive- and said would you like to drive it. I said sure - I would drive it back... then let me at the 458

outrun

It just shows how personal these cars are. Porsche is out of the question for me- under any circumstances. There is no sense of occasion or point of difference for me. I would prefer an M3. 599- I get their attraction but on balance it’s not in my thoughts. FF- main dealers took me out for a drive- and said would you like to drive it. I said sure - I would drive it back... then let me at the 458

I love a fast 911, they handle in a special way that’s different from other cars. Has to be a GT or Turbo though as the other cars are “common” and not so special. The FF is peculiar and I like that a lot. The breadvan looks, 4WD etc make it weird and cool. Have to say that I’d have a Huracan in black with black leather and yellow stitching before a 458. The 599 is increasingly interesting as like Damo and Adam, I like the whole concept of a 600brake v12 that doesn’t depreciate much. I might just be able to get my man maths calculator to accept those inputs. As an ultimate though, I’d have a Mucielago manual which may be old but they just do it for me in so many ways. It’s got to be special, a little left field, last of a line etc

iainw

I love a fast 911, they handle in a special way that’s different from other cars. Has to be a GT or Turbo though as the other cars are “common” and not so special. The FF is peculiar and I like that a lot. The breadvan looks, 4WD etc make it weird and cool. Have to say that I’d have a Huracan in black with black leather and yellow stitching before a 458. The 599 is increasingly interesting as like Damo and Adam, I like the whole concept of a 600brake v12 that doesn’t depreciate much. I might just be able to get my man maths calculator to accept those inputs. As an ultimate though, I’d have a Mucielago manual which may be old but they just do it for me in so many ways. It’s got to be special, a little left field, last of a line etc

The Huracan you describe is close to the spec of one of the 458s I have my eye on. I did consider a matt black Huracan. But the interior is just nuts. Feels very plastic, and a bit too weird.
The 599 would ease the conscience a bit. But it has to have the HTE pack and that takes it up to circa 150.

G

Guest 1678

The Huracan you describe is close to the spec of one of the 458s I have my eye on. I did consider a matt black Huracan. But the interior is just nuts. Feels very plastic, and a bit too weird.
The 599 would ease the conscience a bit. But it has to have the HTE pack and that takes it up to circa 150.

I looked at many and the HGTE pack did not justify the 30k uplift, in my mind. Very happy in a bog-standard GTB. Most of the car I need, until I can afford a move up the range.

iainw

I looked at many and the HGTE pack did not justify the 30k uplift, in my mind. Very happy in a bog-standard GTB. Most of the car I need, until I can afford a move up the range.

I agree it’s not necessary mechanically / performance wise. The cosmetic upgrades are nice though. And beats the GTO uplift for affordability.. :/

Ewan

As a regular-use car, that isn't too small or too low, the standard 599 is a great proposition. Big and imposing without being hard to park, spacious and special inside, and 600bhp means it's plenty fast enough. Costs a bit less than a Huracan, 458 or Maca, and will depreciate less (indeed it may even increase in value). Also, it's a car for grown ups, so you can actually turn up at a meeting in it without feeling silly (as long as it's not red).

As an upgrade from a GTS or Strad, as long as you don't need rear seats, it's the way to go and the most directly similar (it even shares some chassis parts, gearbox, etc).

BuckRog64

I agree it’s not necessary mechanically / performance wise. The cosmetic upgrades are nice though. And beats the GTO uplift for affordability.. :/

Iain, The maths says 599 but I think you need to go with what you most desire at this price point and that sounds like the 458.

You can cover the cost by handling more puppies, which has to be a win win situation from my perspective. To manage the increased workload, I'm happy to undertake initial client consultations for you!

I love a fast 911, they handle in a special way that's different from other cars. Has to be a GT or Turbo though as the other cars are “common†and not so special. The FF is peculiar and I like that a lot. The breadvan looks, 4WD etc make it weird and cool. Have to say that I'd have a Huracan in black with black leather and yellow stitching before a 458. The 599 is increasingly interesting as like Damo and Adam, I like the whole concept of a 600brake v12 that doesn't depreciate much. I might just be able to get my man maths calculator to accept those inputs. As an ultimate though, I'd have a Mucielago manual which may be old but they just do it for me in so many ways. It's got to be special, a little left field, last of a line etc

In another post you described the Turbo ss boring???
Maybe you changed your mind after boasting your sir cooled Porsche collection?
Or maybe you came to see the marvel of Porsche???

Confusion or what? Or is it a case of "I used to be indecisive but now I'm not do sure syndrome?"

outrun

In another post you described the Turbo ss boring???
Maybe you changed your mind after boasting your sir cooled Porsche collection?
Or maybe you came to see the marvel of Porsche???

Confusion or what? Or is it a case of "I used to be indecisive but now I'm not do sure syndrome?"

In the context of whether to buy a McLaren or a 458, I wouldn't buy either. Would prefer to buy a GT3 or GT2 but you're right, I'm likely never to buy another Turbo.

In stand alone context, I wouldn't have any of these choices and personally lean towards the 599, FF or if I was brave enough, a manual Murcielago.

It's not an air cooled vs. water cooled thing for me, by the way. It's a passion and feeling thing. Although the air cooled cars sound better.

I'm sure you're very pleased with your 996tt, I fully understand that, it's certainly an experience to drive one in anger. It's also OK if someone else thinks they're soulless. We are all different.

Having said all of this, I prefer my Stradale and am very happy with it. I'm not likely to change it anytime soon and I would absolutely love it if Maserati would get off their hands and build something that I could replace it with. Until then, it's sticking around.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Anything with a horse, a bull or a McLaren logo on the front will surely attract a boatload more attention than a trident or an Aston’s wings. What views from the floor on the trials and tribulations of being massively noticed?

D Walker

Anything with a horse, a bull or a McLaren logo on the front will surely attract a boatload more attention than a trident or an Aston’s wings. What views from the floor on the trials and tribulations of being massively noticed?

I would say that depends on how you want to be noticed.

There is the "All hail and look at me" - Brigade,

or the

"You might notice me as I slip by" - Brigade

CatmanV2

One of the reasons I didn't buy a DB7 was I'm not sure how I'd feel about have an Aston Martin on the drive, but if you're going to be noticed a Bull for me.

I don't actually think McLarens attract that much attention, but that may be just me

C