GTS MC Shift for sale

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
After much soul-searching, I've finally decided to sell my much-loved GTS MC Shift. It's an absolutely bloody brilliant car and I must be an idiot to sell it. It's in fantastic condition, has been a loyal and hilarious companion over 30k miles in the 6-years I've had it.

Buy it quickly, before I come to my senses and decide to keep it. You'll find it here -> http://www.sportsmaserati.com/classifieds.php?class_act=post_details&id=367

IMG_3251.jpg

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
You will regret it mate! :(

Quite possibly, Phil, but six years is longer than I’ve ever owned a car. Feels like time for something different, ideally with a V12 in the pointy end and two seats inside.

As a long shot I tried on a couple of Maccas. Gorgeous! But I couldn't be doing with the depreciation, the far-away nearest main dealer / lack of indie service network, eye-watering bills and the far-too-much attention they attract. But, God, what a car! Especially without a roof. And that’s without driving one. Oh, as well as all that I can’t afford one. Just remembered.

JonW

Quite possibly, Phil, but six years is longer than I’ve ever owned a car. Feels like time for something different, ideally with a V12 in the pointy end and two seats inside.

As a long shot I tried on a couple of Maccas. Gorgeous! But I couldn't be doing with the depreciation, the far-away nearest main dealer / lack of indie service network, eye-watering bills and the far-too-much attention they attract. But, God, what a car! Especially without a roof. And that’s without driving one. Oh, as well as all that I can’t afford one. Just remembered.

Problem over - here you go...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201706096276472?atmobcid=soc3

I know it’s not an S, but my search was set at £100k budget...

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
... and less than that if you look round. Even from a main dealer not much less than £100k will get you into a roadster. That’s a lot of hooliganing per pound.

G

Guest 1678

Dark Side awaits:

File 20-11-2017, 21 32 48.jpg

File 20-11-2017, 21 33 33.jpg

iainw

20cm shorter and 250kg lighter. An additional quoted 150bhp.

Could slip under the wire

Good point.. that’s quite a length difference.
They are bleeding wide and purposeful though!
No doubt about the performance upgrade.
A beast!

G

Guest 1678

Good point.. that’s quite a length difference.
They are bleeding wide and purposeful though!
No doubt about the performance upgrade.
A beast!

Width Maserati GT: 1915mm
Width Ferrari 599: 1962mm

47mm, so less than 2 inches!

It is amusing to read all the reviews and some mention the width and others do not. Subjectively, it feels smaller to me than the GT I owned.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
It is amusing to read all the reviews and some mention the width and others do not. Subjectively, it feels smaller to me than the GT I owned.

Perhaps you've put on weight. These things are all relative!

They are a bloody amazing looking car. Any plans for the exhaust?

GeoffCapes

If I didn't already have a GTS I'd buy yours Adam. You shouldn't have any trouble selling it though.

Look forward to seeing whatever replaces it.

So by deciding to sell, you must have an idea of what you are looking at buying?

I constantly like us all look at other cars and think it’s time for a change but that is the dilemma. Into what? I think also situation and time of life also plays a part in that, a big part.

I have 2 kids (13 & 7) so ideally I need 4 seats. Would love a 2-seater but I could not do it to them! Yet ;-) Also have a 2 seater at my disposal.

I also want to have a dealer “local’ish” for anything expensive that I would need a proper MD or very respected indie doing the work. So being north of Colchester, my options are limited to Ferrari, Maserati, Bentley (yuk) or Porsche.

I am also bored with paying for depreciation! I do not mind it on a daily driver, wife has a Disco but that owes us nothing and looking at the GBP 114K I paid for the Stradale knowing that it is worth GBP 68-78K probably, I would want to go fo a car that does not depreciate if I pay more than 100K for a replacement.

So that leaves me with looking for a proper 4-seater sports car that I will be happy to drive when I want to (i.e. does not live in a dehumidified garage daily) but will not do more than 3-4K miles per year and which will be a better drive, experience and car compared to the Stradale,,,,,, and will NOT depreciate!

Find me a car that ticks those boxes and i’d be interested...

I have been dreaming of Indy’s and Espadas but they are not a DD. 456 and 612’s leave me cold. I want to like a 612 but just can’t.

So it’s either 2 seats (laters kids but I have always lusted after an Orange Lambo) or stick.

Good luck with the sale and i’d be really interested in knowing what you are thinking of getting.

Stu

agooner

I constantly like us all look at other cars and think it’s time for a change but that is the dilemma. Into what? I think also situation and time of life also plays a part in that, a big part.

I have 2 kids (13 & 7) so ideally I need 4 seats. Would love a 2-seater but I could not do it to them! Yet ;-) Also have a 2 seater at my disposal.

I also want to have a dealer “local’ish” for anything expensive that I would need a proper MD or very respected indie doing the work. So being north of Colchester, my options are limited to Ferrari, Maserati, Bentley (yuk) or Porsche.

So that leaves me with looking for a proper 4-seater sports car that I will be happy to drive when I want to (i.e. does not live in a dehumidified garage daily) but will not do more than 3-4K miles per year and which will be a better drive, experience and car compared to the Stradale,,,,,, and will NOT depreciate!

Find me a car that ticks those boxes and i’d be interested...

Stu

Stu
I'm past your point. 3 children all left home. Semi-retired. Thinking about a 2nd car, so also would like 2 seater but not sure wife is into having the roof down. I'm certainly not in the price range you are talking about. I could leave the money in the bank with 0.25% interest, or buy something interesting. The hand that is restraining me is that my garage is so cluttered I couldn't get a bike in there never mind a Maser. Although the thought of a Maser in my garage is an incentive to clear it out.

I do like your user ID though, reminds me of many a rally I was in (Tour of Mull, Mintex, etc).

Andy