Aston Martin Vantage released

iainw

Interesting comments about the Aston looks.
I think it is stunning. Different to the previous model but clearly an Aston. The spec and colour will affect the look of the car. Like the bold colours.
Referencing the looks as similar to Jag amused me as virtually every trip out in the 4200 I was asked by someone admiring the car if it was a Jag.
At least Aston are producing new models. 7 between now and the next 3 years or so.
The after sales service and warranty from the Aston dealers is a model others should emulate. Friend of mine sold his V12 Vantage and looked at Audi R10, Macca, Lambo etc and says his biggest problem is knowing he wont get anything like the service he had with the Aston.

Agree with this.
Was blown away by the customer service at AM Bristol.
I like the look of the new vantage. Just think its a bit pricey in that sector

Classico

Front wheel side vent aside, think this design is absolutely stunning.

Hard not to be disillusioned with Maserati when AM is releasing GTs like this.

I've always thought of Maserati as the Italian Jag or AM.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Dick Lovett’s AM dealership in Bristol is exceptional in every way way. Across the country in Brentwood, Grange couldn’t seem to give a flying fock.

The DB11 does nothing for me inside or out. I like new Vantage but very much like the classic look of the previous model. I believe it will age well. I hope that new model pushes prices down on its predecessor. A lot.

Andyk

That sounds good Adam....but some how I'm not sure as the new model are at a different price point than the out going...Well against the V8 it is....The manual is out in a year later so that should be slightly cheaper wouldn't you say. Most colours seem to suit it on the configurator Adam......You can also get the sort of highlight packs that you get on the last manual V12S which gives you a shed loads of different paint options. Only thing missing though me is the readies to buy one.

Iain, the more I look at the price and comparison with others against its performance it seem about right. At first I looked at it in isolation and thought why is it 40k more than the outgoing car but then it's not the outgoing car performance wise....Its more o a McLaren 540C reveal for the performance and that's 128k.......Its all sort of irrelevant though as it will sell like hot cakes and there is already a waiting list which isn't a suprise.

Andyk

Interesting comments about the Aston looks.
I think it is stunning. Different to the previous model but clearly an Aston. The spec and colour will affect the look of the car. Like the bold colours.
Referencing the looks as similar to Jag amused me as virtually every trip out in the 4200 I was asked by someone admiring the car if it was a Jag.
At least Aston are producing new models. 7 between now and the next 3 years or so.
The after sales service and warranty from the Aston dealers is a model others should emulate. Friend of mine sold his V12 Vantage and looked at Audi R10, Macca, Lambo etc and says his biggest problem is knowing he wont get anything like the service he had with the Aston.

I sort of get the Jag F Type piece but only the side profile......The rest Is very individual ..... You may pick up I really love this car...Read everything about it, watched every video on You Tube.....This was the one car I have been excited to see over any other over the last couple of year and for me it hasn't disappointed one bit. Not felt as excited for a new car since the Maserati GT came out in 2007.

iainw

I sort of get the Jag F Type piece but only the side profile......The rest Is very individual ..... You may pick up I really love this car...Read everything about it, watched every video on You Tube.....This was the one car I have been excited to see over any other over the last couple of year and for me it hasn't disappointed one bit. Not felt as excited for a new car since the Maserati GT came out in 2007.

It’s on a different planet than the jaguar f type IMHO.
But it is a bit pricier...

Andyk

It's much better with the sports exhaust Dave...it as around 3/4K option and not many have it but find one and it sounds much better.....Or get a N420 as they had a better exhaust.......N430 sounds even better again but you need 69k for one.

Best bet for an early car is the Bamford Rose performance upgrade....Lots of praise for this conversation...basically ecu and exhaust and it ups power by 40bhp. It has a switchable exhaust...But it cost at £5600 but every owner who has it said its worth every penny.....Plus you have usual Latini etc that do exhaust for them.

Swedish Paul

I tested a Vantage with the N400 upgrade and sports exhaust. Sounded good, but being a manual, you needed a hefty left leg. And to be fair, didn't sound as good as my GS with an xpipe (thanks Benny) and wasn't as fast or as nimble either.

By god, looks and smells good though....

Andyk

That's a suprise. I drove a standard Vantage around track and thought it was far more chuck able and nibble than the GS I drove the same day. It felt more sports car than GT which I felt the GS was more of. Love both mind you.

D Walker

Would have to be an Auto for me,
The wife would have no chance with a heavy manual clutch (on those occasions we share the driving)

Dave

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
The semi-auto on the ‘old’ Vantage comes in for a lot of flack, but apparently the gearshift time when you’re on it is 70ms. The Stradale and the 599 GTO (and my MC Shift, by the way) is just 60ms. Feels perfectly good enough to me. Could this be another case of journalists failing to put it in sport mode and complaining that it’s not very sporty?

In terms of chuckability the ‘old’ one is totally different to the GTS. With such switchable dampers you can likely set it to more or less chuckable than a GS but I doubt you can set it to more chuckable than a GTS. If you see what I mean.

Anyway, I’m saving up.

Anyone want to buy my GTS? It’s got well fast gearshift times and everything.

Andyk

Just watched the GTE video and Max Verstappen videos - I'm in the Andy Camp - I like it,

Having fun on the configurator but alas - piggy bank is way too short....

Seems a few people agree - 80% of 2018 production sold......

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a13884607/aston-martins-2018-vantage-output-is-nearly-sold-out/

Can't stop configorating Dave.......Going for Club Sport white....Rossi red graphics.....black wheels...carbon roof.....black and red inside......and lots of carbon in and out......you can even configurator the car cover......Well I say I'm going for !!!!!!! Lottery ticket was **** so maybe next week...........that rear three quarter view is just stunning........

Andyk

Would have to be an Auto for me,
The wife would have no chance with a heavy manual clutch (on those occasions we share the driving)

Dave

The Auto is an odd one ...... The kindly gent at Llandow let me drive his around Llandow beginning of the year...it was a 4.7 Sportshift. It was really good but on the final straight even time I changed to four it really didn't like it and it hesitated. Not sure if it's a box that learns your driving style but the owner said he never had this issue. Perhaps it would be different on the road rather than track. Now the reviews of this box sort of hints of this and most owners say you can decide on a short test drive....So no different to what they say about the CC box really. The Sportshift 11 and 111 are the much better boxes but then you need a Vantage S for a Sportshift 11 and they start at 55k.....Early Vantage I think would need to be manual for me.......or bloody any really...PLEASE.....