Aston Martin Vantage released

Andyk

Read the review in EVO; not keen on the front at all...this and the Bond car just look odd.

As for that dashboard. .. did Kia or Hyundi design it? Sill buttons everywhere and as for those green highlights, please!

Great review in EVO though and the interview with Becker was good as well. As said before looks will decide but no matter what people think Aston have a winner on their hands. I think it's fresh and distinctive and the right move for Aston to move the cars design away from the others in the range. In the flesh for me it's a stunning motor car.

See they have a new DBS coming out in July as well.....They are on a roll.

Tipmethewink

Great review in EVO though and the interview with Becker was good as well. As said before looks will decide but no matter what people think Aston have a winner on their hands. I think it's fresh and distinctive and the right move for Aston to move the cars design away from the others in the range. In the flesh for me it's a stunning motor car.

See they have a new DBS coming out in July as well.....They are on a roll.
I hadn't seen that. I'd have loved one of the last DBS if it had only had a bit more head room.

Hurricane52

Saw a black one on trade plates yesterday lunchtime on the A46 near Stratford on Avon. Looked really impressive - thought it was a Vulcan from a distance. I think black really suited it.

Andyk

Couldn't resist a drive past DL in Bristol today. Such a great looking dealership and the cars looked stunning in the sunshine.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    872 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,004.4 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16

Andyk

I like the new Vantage in the flesh. This one was a bit more classy with its chrome window surround and not so racy colour. I like the DBS as well but they are moving away from the beautiful designs like the Old Vantage, last DBS Vanquish etc The designs are more aggressive which I'm sure will divide opinion. The new DBS certain is aggressive and will have a shed load of road presence. Sure it will be 200k plus and I think I would go McLaren. Had a little look at the McLaren dealer around the corner ... The 570 Spider is just stunning....

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, fully agreed! They had a blue 570 spider in when I was there (with Iainw) which was just wonderful. The 12C Spider was a lovely place to be as well. Very special.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Saw a yellow 12c Spider and it would be my choice for 110/120k. Lovely.

My heart was very much being pulled that way, Andy, but the maintenance costs on the Maccas and lack of an indie (or even main) dealer network makes them a risky and far more inconvenient proposition compared to Aston, Maser and Fezza.

Last edited:

Contigo

Sponsor
I have the say it looks ****. Saw it going up the hill at Goodwood yesterday and they have killed the looks and made it into a Euro box car now.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I have the say it looks ****. Saw it going up the hill at Goodwood yesterday and they have killed the looks and made it into a Euro box car now.

Interesting. I haven't seen one in the flesh yet, but prefer the old model on the outside and in. It might grow on me, but I don't like the new Aston interiors as much as the old. For the money, I'll have a Vanquish please, ideally an S.

Andyk

Agree on the Vantage interior Adam ....Yours is so much better than the new one. New one is really cluttered......love the Vanquish S but my heart is either V12 VantAge or a rather pretty DBS. ....the last one that is.

Andyk

What one Phil ... The new DBS or the 600 LT. What's a Euro box car...Thought that was a hatch back type thing.