Aston Martin Vantage released

Doohickey

Velociraptor
I like it. Quite aggressive without being too in your face. The rear is a bit F-Type from the side but it looks good. Not sure about the dayglo yellow paint job though! That front will look sh!t when you get a number plate on it however.

The pricing seems slightly odd but when you look at the performance figures it's not overly expensive for that level of grunt.

Carfection have a nice vid on YT. Apologies - on a tablet and no idea how to transpose the link.
FWIW, I think it looks gorgeous and if they have succeeded in making it a real drivers car, I have something to aspire to a little way down the road :)

Andyk

Well as the old Vantages biggest fan the first thing is that it ain't anywhere near as pretty.....but it was never going to do...That was a hard act to follow ..... Do I like it though...**** yeah.......Its different for Aston and needed to be as you would get all the oh same of design from people.....Still looks like a Aston though and has sh1t loads of presence and some pretty impressive figures but then at that price it should........Its no longer a 911 rival then as that's 40k plus more than a base 911..........Its due to be unveiled tonight at 2000 so was waiting but now that's been spoilt as pictures everywhere.

Andyk

Good news as well is there will be a V12 and you can still have a manual......Performance figures of the V8 is better than the out going V12 as well.

It looks an aggressive car.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 173
Sorry about this but it is horrid.
I posted sometime back that AM were a one trick pony and I have not changed my mind - even though I used to love them.
Since the DB7 they have all had the same body shape more or less and all they do is put a bigger engine in or flappy paddles or two cramped extra seats.
As an indicator of this go to Google images, type in AM Vantage and look at them, all the same apart from the odd 'ancient one'. Which is my point, where are the modern day equivalents of the old saloons.
Even Maserati has different body templates that can be judged by individuals for looks.
Just my opinion don't you know, so do not be too harsh on me.

StuartW

I have to say that the old Vantage looks way better than this one to my eyes.

When Maserati launched the GT in 2007, it was an instant wow to me but this does not have the same effect. I really don't like it's rear at all. Maybe it will grow on me but it shouldn't have to, I like a car to be an instant hit with me on first look and this just isn't sadly.

whereskeith

I quite like it... the headlights and how it looks front on are the biggest disappointment.
It's better than the awful db11..
For me the Dbs is the prettiest recent Aston made

Phil H

It looks like Fagin just picked the pockets of other designers; a little Jag here, a bit of horse there, but not much finesse anywhere. There are better options for that sort of money.

PH

midlifecrisis

Can't wait to see one at Le Mans on the track... Or will they stick with the older model..

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

conaero

Forum Owner
Very nice that. A bit F type coupe at the rear but thats no bad thing. Nice to see Aston straying away from the all too familiar shape.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
The front looks a bit like the disco Volante and that was as ugly as f*ck as well. The back end looks ok but I would rather have the GT3, and I'm not a Porsche fan.

zagatoes30

Like AndyK I loved the old Vantage shape and this doesn't get close, to me it is like all modern cars just trying too hard and the price well that's just bonkers.

Will be nice to see a different shape at Le Mans though

JonW

Isn’t it interesting to see the range of views... I personally think it looks awesome, really aggressive, but still very clearly an Aston Martin.

However, at that price, it also needs to be able to match the performance and drive of some of its competitors. If it does, and particularly if they get some decent success with it in either Le Mans, or other GT racing, then I think they could have a massive hit on their hands...