Granturismo S / GranCab / QPV GTS 18" Spare Saver Spare Wheel For Sale

StuartW

I have spotted a very rare space saver wheel for sale and if I hadn't already bought one, I would have snapped this up.

This the very hard to find & expensive 18" space saver (part # 235834) suitable for all 4.7 GTS & Stradale models plus the comparable GranCabs and QPVs and comes with all of the tools, jack, wrench, compressor etc. The ad says it was only purchased this year so it looks a very worthwhile purchase to me. I was looking for one for almost two years before I found mine and this one looks great & is as good as new.

Grab it while you can, there won't be another along any time soon!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/maserati...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Ewan

Makes no sense to me. Tyre foam costs £15 and AA membership is free with many car insurance deals or even high street bank accounts. Why buy and then lug about a spare wheel that you'll never need/use? (Unless, of course, you are about to go on some multi-continent Bear Grylls type driving adventure, in which case, yes, it's a bargain.)

StuartW

Makes no sense to me. Tyre foam costs £15 and AA membership is free with many car insurance deals or even high street bank accounts. Why buy and then lug about a spare wheel that you'll never need/use? (Unless, of course, you are about to go on some multi-continent Bear Grylls type driving adventure, in which case, yes, it's a bargain.)

I see your point but for me, the foam will only fix so many issues and won't help you out with a buckle or a crack from a pot hole for example, and with the space saver, you can get on your way again much quicker than with a recovery service, and not just get transported home. I've always preferred to have a spare wheel on board personally

D Walker

All I will say is the high street bank cover isnt worth shite, hence I am going back to Scotland tommorrow to bring my car back, er, we have someone in the Area Thursday Mr Walker however if you upgrade.....
Transferred all my cash out, account will be closed Monday, three times we have tried for some help that the account, Halifax, all failed, you need to upgrade, £15 a month, £180 a year for 16 years, p1sstake.

But yes, unless you get a split Tyre foam will do, and you can always join the AA at the side of road and get individual cover for road trips abroad...

alfatwo

Yea, one of those got me out of the shite in southern Sicily in the 3200 a few years ago.. foam cans and the AA aint going to do you any good down there..

Always carry a spare wheel!

Dave

CatmanV2

Because OMG you might be stuck by the side of the road at any time! For literally *minutes* and it happens so often! ;)

C

CatmanV2

I see your point but for me, the foam will only fix so many issues and won't help you out with a buckle or a crack from a pot hole for example, and with the space saver, you can get on your way again much quicker than with a recovery service, and not just get transported home. I've always preferred to have a spare wheel on board personally

Quick test. Nip outside right now. Grab your jack and wheel brace and just *try* to get a wheel off and back on your car ;)

PS I'm still trying to get a replacement centre section!

C

Jkulin

Thanks Lads, no Ewan I don't plan to carry it around unless going on long trips, I have one deffo planned for next year to the IOM and may go to Berlin with it and potentially Budapest depending on time etc.

I always carry foam anyway, but if I am away in another country or far from home then it is the comfort factor.

And yep I am a member of the AA, had to use it a couple of times with the 911 this year and for performance/quality cars they send out an enclosed transporter for them :)

Jkulin

Thanks anyone who held back bidding, I won the auction so now arranging collection :)