Low Oill Pressure - Sounds like a lawnmower

NewZealand

My 2005 Quattroporte sounds like a petrol lawnmower and I don't know what it is. The car hasn't been driven for 2 years and I don't know when it was last serviced but I've started it today and i'm getting this non stop continuous fast heavy droney/chattery/clicky sound coming from somewhere underneath the car around the middle and a message on my dash saying 'Low oil pressure - switch engine off - go to dealer' and i'd love to know what it might be. I'm in the UK, North West and I don't know anyone to take it to. I can't drive it. Any ideas ?

safrane

Variaitors or Oil Pump...but either way you had better leave alone until its confirmed and fixed.

CatmanV2

I'm going to take a wild stab that you've got an oil pressure problem and you should really REALLY stop driving it. Check the oil level first. If that's low, you might be OK to top up with the correct oil, and hopefully nothing's been wrecked. But if the oil *level* is OK, flat bed it to a dealer. Plenty of recommendations are about to come in I'm sure.

C

spkennyuk

My 2005 Quattroporte sounds like a petrol lawnmower and I don't know what it is. The car hasn't been driven for 2 years and I don't know when it was last serviced but I've started it today and i'm getting this non stop continuous fast heavy droney/chattery/clicky sound coming from somewhere underneath the car around the middle and a message on my dash saying 'Low oil pressure - switch engine off - go to dealer' and i'd love to know what it might be. I'm in the UK, North West and I don't know anyone to take it to. I can't drive it. Any ideas ?

North West. Autoshield in Manchester may be your closest depending on where in the North West you are.

They work across marques ranging from BMW, Audi, Bentley, Porsche, Ferrari and Mercedes. Do a lot of remaps, tuning, bodykits and paint film as well as servicing. Ring and ask for Colin to discuss your requirements - he will tell you if he has the SD level diagnostics that will be required.

I do not use them for either the Gransport or the Porsche Turbo even though Colin recently sold his own Turbo S and has a snarling beast of a chipped M3. My reasons are (a) Mario at Autoshield I am very happy with and (b) I have my own Porsche Indy I use to supplement Porsche Chester so I have no need to look beyond my current choice. I tend to go for longer-term servicing and maintenance relationships with a good provider that knows the marque inside out and has been recommended by current owners of the marque.

Talking to Colin on a Supercar Drivers meet and subsequent open evening at his premises he comes across as very knowledgeable.
But as I said, my needs are well met with Autoshield.

For your own QP query, that's who I'd suggest you talk to for a resolution.

jemgee

Vote for Mario's. Popped along last week and he checked the clutch, gearbox etc and reassured me after getting a couple of red warnings. No charge and a great guy