Lamborghini Urus

Andyk

What is the price as we have had 170...131 and I read 165 starting price.....

Andyk

The more I read and look at this car the more I think it's different to other SUV as they are staying true to the blood line of that other ugly one they made...the LM thingy.....as there aren't any diesels unlike all the other ones getting into this market. Although it is based on a Q7 Audi.....Its hard to make these things look different but think they have done a good job to be honest.

bigbob

I hope not but I fear they will.
Urus starts at 131,000 in the UK so might Be worth a look. I bet options will take it way into 170+ though.

What options do you really need on a car costing that much already? Carbon fibre glovebox lining?

iainw

A steering wheel, wheel nuts, a radio and parking sensors judging by other Italian marques...

iainw

What options do you really need on a car costing that much already? Carbon fibre glovebox lining?

Just look at a basic ghibli to answer that question. It’s needs 5 figures of options to take it anywhere near its German rivals. There are always options on these cars that cost the earth but make a big difference.

bigbob

Just look at a basic ghibli to answer that question. It's needs 5 figures of options to take it anywhere near its German rivals. There are always options on these cars that cost the earth but make a big difference.

Don't understand the relevance of comparing a £50k car with one costing three times as much.

Rwc13

Me neither.

And it's simple, if you don't like it, can't afford it or can't justify it, don't buy it. Others have........I believe more than first year's production already sold. So economically looks like a good move for Lamborghini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iainw

Don’t understand the relevance of comparing a £50k car with one costing three times as much.

It’s the same concept. All Italian cars seem to be heavily based on options.
Ie: who would buy a ferrari without a carbon wheel (with leds), scuderia shields, coloured calipers, parking sensors etc etc etc. Before you don’t need them- you simply can’t sell them without these as people in the market want them.
The point is the manufacturers purposefully have a low entry level to entice people in (no matter what ‘level’) and make the options almost a necessity. I have heard stories of people not being able to buy Ferrari’s if there isn’t ‘x’ amount of options on them.

Andyk

Me neither.

And it’s simple, if you don’t like it, can’t afford it or can’t justify it, don’t buy it. Others have........I believe more than first year’s production already sold. So economically looks like a good move for Lamborghini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, spot on...Doesn't really matter what we think as they will sell all they make.......

bigbob

It's the same concept. All Italian cars seem to be heavily based on options.
Ie: who would buy a ferrari without a carbon wheel (with leds), scuderia shields, coloured calipers, parking sensors etc etc etc. Before you don't need them- you simply can't sell them without these as people in the market want them.
The point is the manufacturers purposefully have a low entry level to entice people in (no matter what ‘level') and make the options almost a necessity. I have heard stories of people not being able to buy Ferrari's if there isn't ‘x' amount of options on them.

I always work on a 10% rule of thumb on options costs relative to the list price. Much of what people put on Ferraris' is just shite to massage their egos. Anyway buy used and it doesn't matter.

iainw

I always work on a 10% rule of thumb on options costs relative to the list price. Much of what people put on Ferraris’ is just shite to massage their egos. Anyway buy used and it doesn’t matter.

Totally agree. A used buy with the right spec is a no brainer.
The only new Italian car I would be tempted by is an early portofino. But I think I will
Be able to resist.

Ewan

who would buy a ferrari without a carbon wheel (with leds), scuderia shields, coloured calipers, parking sensors etc etc etc.

Me, and a few others. I'm not a fan of carbon wheels and prefer the look and feel of alcantara. Nor the chavy shields. Coloured calipers I dont mind, but prefer silver or black. Parking sensors are ugly and unnecessary for where/how I drive and park. I don't like tech stuff either, so no head-up displays, lane departure warnings, blind spot warnings, etc for me, thank you. I like my Ferraris to be plain, simple, beaituful and brilliant. Give me a standard 355 over an Essex/Cheshire spec 458 every time.

That said, I'm not actively looking at the new or nearly new Ferrari market and appreciate that things may be different in that marketplace.

Andyk

Don see many carbon wheels on any car do you ? Acquired taste ....... More leather out there than Carbon steering wheels when you look through the classifieds. Yhink it's the feeling in your hands...Most still like the grip of leather it seems.

iainw

Don see many carbon wheels on any car do you ? Acquired taste ....... More leather out there than Carbon steering wheels when you look through the classifieds. Yhink it's the feeling in your hands...Most still like the grip of leather it seems.

the carbon on ferrari wheels is mainly for the leds as you know, not the look.
you won't see many at all for sale without - and if they are there is a serious price drop.
agree re alcantara, techy stuff and 355s though!
i need parking sensors when parking in new spaces or car parks.. thats more of a necessity rather than a luxury

bigbob

Me, and a few others. I'm not a fan of carbon wheels and prefer the look and feel of alcantara. Nor the chavy shields. Coloured calipers I dont mind, but prefer silver or black. Parking sensors are ugly and unnecessary for where/how I drive and park. I don't like tech stuff either, so no head-up displays, lane departure warnings, blind spot warnings, etc for me, thank you. I like my Ferraris to be plain, simple, beaituful and brilliant. Give me a standard 355 over an Essex/Cheshire spec 458 every time.

That said, I'm not actively looking at the new or nearly new Ferrari market and appreciate that things may be different in that marketplace.

Thats the point, there are two types of Ferrari buyers and I can guess easily which type you fall into. :biggrin::biggrin:

iainw

Thats the point, there are two types of Ferrari buyers and I can guess easily which type you fall into. :biggrin::biggrin:

Judging by my visits to the main dealers there are lots of types! But one staple...
That’s the beauty of maserati buyers. A massive range but all appreciate the (old) essence of the brand.

bigbob

Judging by my visits to the main dealers there are lots of types! But one staple...
That’s the beauty of maserati buyers. A massive range but all appreciate the (old) essence of the brand.

The point I was meaning is that Ewan strikes me as the type who wants the car rather than the garnish and he is to be applauded in that. IMHO too many people are buying the image and the toys rather than the basic amazing mid engined V8 supercar.