Wheel shudder on full lock at low speeds

JonW

Thank you everyone for the comments - and this is a great example of how this forum is so valuable, especially to a relative newbie like me

I'm not going to rush into diagnosing my car as having fooked front suspension (wishbones or bushes), but it does mean I'm glad that I've mentioned it to Maranello for them to take a decent look at when they change it over to Winter tyres. It also means I might take the car for a drive to a car park at some point and see if I can pinpoint which of the tyres are shuddering.

Cheers everyone - and I'm amazed there wasn't any thread “drift†(pun intended!)...

Scaf

My GTS does it sometimes, as does my Jaguar XJ so like others I have put it down to tyre scrub

StuartW

Manufacturing a test set to run on my Strad will happen in Q1 2018 with a release in Q3 2018.

Prices will be £240 per axle...thats a complete front upper and lower set for £240 and a complete upper and lower rear set for £240.

We are almost ready to go on the 3200/4200/Spyder/GS sets too which will appear in Q1 2018 for the same prices as above.

They will not have any indemnity cover so you will run them at your own risk. The bushes will be a stainless still milled billet inner with the softer black poly bush outer and professionally produced to a very high standard.

Sounds good Matt, do you expect them to be comparable to the revised Maserati OEM parts?

conaero

Forum Owner
Better we hope, metalastic bushes are cheap, wear quick, corrode and get stuck in the wishbones which causes them to crack.

Ours will be stainless non rusting centres with the softer black poly so they cause minimal stress and remain compliant.

StuartW

Better we hope, metalastic bushes are cheap, wear quick, corrode and get stuck in the wishbones which causes them to crack.

Ours will be stainless non rusting centres with the softer black poly so they cause minimal stress and remain compliant.

Sounds good Matt

Spartacus

I dont know if you know this , but putting stainless next to aluminium is not a good idea. With the indroduction of water you get a chemical reaction that eats into the stainless ...yes the stainless . Have you checked that stainless bushes are ok to use ?

D Walker

I dont know if you know this , but putting stainless next to aluminium is not a good idea. With the indroduction of water you get a chemical reaction that eats into the stainless ...yes the stainless . Have you checked that stainless bushes are ok to use ?

Galvanic Corrosion - Made a decent living out of that for 4 years offshore!!!

conaero

Forum Owner
The stainless does not make contact with the Ali at any point, it’s isolated by the poly.

outrun

Thought you liked a bit of stainless in your bush Sparts.

JonW

Some good news for me today...

Maranello have put my winter tyres on and at the same time have thoroughly inspected my suspension, the wishbones, the bushes, etc... and think it all looks fine. They have also done a proper test-drive and think the steering and handling is all as it should be...

Happy Days!

stevo

Manufacturing a test set to run on my Strad will happen in Q1 2018 with a release in Q3 2018.

Prices will be £240 per axle...thats a complete front upper and lower set for £240 and a complete upper and lower rear set for £240.

We are almost ready to go on the 3200/4200/Spyder/GS sets too which will appear in Q1 2018 for the same prices as above.

They will not have any indemnity cover so you will run them at your own risk. The bushes will be a stainless still milled billet inner with the softer black poly bush outer and professionally produced to a very high standard.

Mine need doing soon according to Voicey so count me in for a set please