Can someone talk me out of this?

rockits

Yes.....easy....its a diesel. Terrible for the environment. Buy a petrol and better still a V8!

ofenomeno99

I don't know - personally not convinced by anything Maserati have done after the GT and QP 5. It might as well be a Buick. Just shows you how appealing to the mass means being a conformist i.e. being boring... Maserati can't even get boring right.

Sorry was just having Maserati blues today and was missing my GTS and GS.

Contigo

Sponsor
I don't know - personally not convinced by anything Maserati have done after the GT and QP 5. It might as well be a Buick. Just shows you how appealing to the mass means being a conformist i.e. being boring... Maserati can't even get boring right.

As much as it pains me to agree you are correct. There is nothing at all that gives you that desire to own like the others did. Who can honestly say that they strive or crave to own any of the current range? That "******** tingle" as it were and a car that had Pininfarina styling or even Italdesigns Giorgetto Giugiaro stamp. For me they are just four door derivatives aimed at competing within a market where the German competitors have the upper hand of 30 years experience in the same sector of the market. I love the Brand but **** me we need a halo model whether it be a mental hybrid or a V8 2+2 to finally replace the GS. Maserati get your index finger out of your anus and produce the car which will once again make me and many other desire and lust to own.

/Rant over ....

philw696

Just got rid of my Dirty Diesel down here as its cheaper to run a V8 Range Rover due to the road charges on a diesel.
One thing is for sure having done nearly 3,000 kilometres in 2 weeks its far more enjoyable.

Andyk

Yes, what you said....and Phil......Nothing wrong with the range just don't aspire or make you dream of owning one like the GT and cars that went before.

conaero

Forum Owner
As much as it pains me to agree you are correct. There is nothing at all that gives you that desire to own like the others did. Who can honestly say that they strive or crave to own any of the current range? That "******** tingle" as it were and a car that had Pininfarina styling or even Italdesigns Giorgetto Giugiaro stamp. For me they are just four door derivatives aimed at competing within a market where the German competitors have the upper hand of 30 years experience in the same sector of the market. I love the Brand but **** me we need a halo model whether it be a mental hybrid or a V8 2+2 to finally replace the GS. Maserati get your index finger out of your anus and produce the car which will once again make me and many other desire and lust to own.

/Rant over ....

Posted at 23:33.....post pub post!

Can’t really disagree with you. Happy to wait in a Strad for now till they sort it out

Contigo

Sponsor
Yes, what you said....and Phil......Nothing wrong with the range just don't aspire or make you dream of owning one like the GT and cars that went before.

But Andy there must be something wrong with the range if you don't aspire or dream of owning one! Isn't that what a Maserati is all about? Passion?

MrMickS

Like this?

f2088e97e0de35e6fcaa4486cb27b749.jpg

Maserati are aware that they need to replace the GT. They are also aware that it needs to be the right car. If not it will be the last one they make.

Rwc13

I drove the QPVI GTS last weekend. Personally, I thought it was a beautiful looking car inside and out, and also fantastic to drive - the acceleration, handling and noise were awesome for a car of this type. If I needed a big saloon car, would I aspire to owning one over a similar German car............yes, all day long

bigbob

I drove the QPVI GTS last weekend. Personally, I thought it was a beautiful looking car inside and out, and also fantastic to drive - the acceleration, handling and noise were awesome for a car of this type. If I needed a big saloon car, would I aspire to owning one over a similar German car............yes, all day long

Never driven the GTS but even the S is impressive. Trouble is you have hit the nail on the head, who needs a big saloon car these days?

philw696

Interesting one Bob me for one likes a Big Motor and always have done.
Most of the weekdays I'm on my own and makes no sense but doing another long road trip like now the Full Fat RR comes into its own.