Heater blowing too hot

jamesbilluk

Hi all,

I took the GT out for a drive today, as I've not been out in it for a while. Even with the temperature set quite low on the climate control, it was still blowing very hot air out of the vents, and on to my feet.
Setting it to 'Lo' turns the blower up, but still quite warm air coming out of it. During the warmer weather it seemed to be blowing normal temperature. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem,

James.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
I thought the title of this was another bot one!

I'm no expert but if the system is on Auto it will blow hot air out until it reaches the temp you've set it at and then will temper the air to maintain it. Of course, it might be something else entirely.

Last edited:

jamesbilluk

Just noticed the thread title as I was posting.... fingers don't seem to be working!

I had it on about 21 when I first got in, it seemed to reach that fine, but then started getting warmer and warmer, then turning it back down to 16 doesn't seem to make any difference.

jamesbilluk

Bit of an update. I took the car to my local ATS today to see if they could have a look, the car was about half full on air con gas, they flushed the system, checked it for leaks, and filled it up to full. The compressor was coming in when it should, and pressure was all good. The problem was still there though! They didn't charge which was good. I found this article online and decided to give it a go - https://www.justanswer.com/car/81doz--granturismo-2008-granturismo-basic.html Just resetting the system, it now works brilliantly!

The battery had depleted completely recently due to the CTEK being switched off... That must have been it