The Grand Tour Series 2

jasst

Yes its back, just watched the first episode and I thought it was Brill, much improved over the first series, and back to what top gear used to be like, but they can get away with stuff that wouldn't be allowed on mainstream tv.

highlander

Agree, better than 1st series, especially with the new track and dropping the celeb brain drain sh1t. Good episode, worth a watch.

Andyk

I'm waiting for the first series to come out on DVD as get get it so will have to wait a year or so for this series I suppose.

Contigo

Sponsor
Firestick, Apple TV, Internet. Just a clue how to use tech and find a source. Or subscribe to Amazon prime and get it there....

redsonnylee

Just watched it on my prime subscription. Saw they are not moving the tent around so a bit more cost conscious this time. A good first episode and look forward to the next one.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I've enjoyed this series, however, this last of the series, was a totally a waste of time and worst one of the whole series, including the first series too.

conaero

Forum Owner
Agree Mike. The last series started strong but didn’t really gel but season 2 has been excellent. Not watched the last one but I will.

spkennyuk

Agree Mike. The last series started strong but didn’t really gel but season 2 has been excellent. Not watched the last one but I will.

The latest episode is not great IMO. Some funny bits in it but its one long item /film/ mission. No breaks in it at all with the usual features.

The second series as a whole is a lot closer to top gear. Star in a car is now celeb face off. The studio chat section is now conversation street.

Top gear itself seems to have moved away from its old format as well.

conaero

Forum Owner
Watched the last one last night and chuckled. Yes it was a bit pointless but watching Hammond on that bike was hilarious.

When does Top Gear start again...or has it started???

zagatoes30

Shame they ended on such a poor one but overall better than the last series IMO.

The new series of Top Gear starts Sunday 25th Feb with the same line up her his the trailer [video]https://youtu.be/G21IENsHuNA[/video]

Wack61

The last episode felt like Amazon had said OK you can do a special but you're getting £1500 , a camera crew and no scriptwriter, awful , needs more Reliant Robin space shuttles

spkennyuk

Article on the net i was reading says the 3rd series is filming now. It also says it might be the last series as no new deal has been discussed.

Hopefully the just want to see how series 3 is received before striking a new deal.

Certainly seems to have been a money spinner for Amazon.