4.7 cat D on copart 5k miles

FIFTY

I think that's just cause you're north of Watford Gap services ;)

First owner has an interesting name. Iranian ancestry. Any bets they made a dash with cash, same time as the Shah :)

Really, Pahlavi? Interesting... doesn't mean that they are a former royal or even related. They actually adopted their surname his father was called Reza Khan

I'd rather dash with my cash than face the alternative at the time... That's what my parents did... shame they didnt have much cash :)

dgmx5

Where are you getting the first buyer's name from? Hpi check, advert, somewhere else?

In the AutoTrader ad (?) there's a photo of documents. In two places, almost hidden, is the name of the first owner. I don't miss much, when I'm on my game ;)
I wasn't suggesting any links to the Shah's family. Only that many Iranians left Iran around 1979, due in no small part to the establishment of a rather intolerant theocracy.
Is this car such good value? I'm sure I've noticed very similarly spec'd cars in the last fortnight, asking between £30k and £35k. Though they might've been autos and not MC Shifts.

Contigo

Sponsor
Yes auto car not MC shift although it has Sports pack with MC side skirts and oval pipes.

philw696

The Dealership I work for at the moment has a approved panel and paint shop and carry out repairs like this on a regular basis often using second hand doors and panels etc and you would never know.
So get it checked over and thats a lot of car for GS money.

dgmx5

The Dealership I work for at the moment has a approved panel and paint shop and carry out repairs like this on a regular basis often using second hand doors and panels etc and you would never know.
So get it checked over and thats a lot of car for GS money.

Looking at the photo, a new door and new n/s front wing would be easy enough assuming the sill and the suspension were not damaged.

But what happens with the rear n/s quarter panel. How is that replaced or repaired?

safrane

Tack weld clamps to the pannel and pull it out, or drill small holes in it and screw clamps again and pull.

Bit of filler here and there, sand and paint.

dgmx5

That would agree with what the seller said. One panel (rear quarter presumably) replaced and the front wing was kept and the crease removed.

azapa

side airbags must have gone too. To be honest, I can't see how that impact didn't cause a roof or chassis crease. You would have to have it laser aligned to check.

Wack61

The sides of a car are only 1mm sheet metal , it looks like a swipe rather than a full on side impact so it'd just rip like a bean can , if the parts were on the shelf no way that'd be a write off

Keano

Same as original on thread. Sold on Approval at £15.6K.......

Someone got a bargain

Keano

missed the discussion on black one. this is the original car at start of the thread before we had sandwiches and ciabatta and discounted the cali

Contigo

Sponsor
The black one with the side damage? God I love SM and how we can go off talking about different cars.....

dgmx5

Yes, auction ended at £15.6k but given the guy wants £29k on Auotrader and last time it was higher than £18k this will be back up for auction. Agreed that the paintwork looks a different colour between the auction photos and the Autotrader ad