Courtesy Car - QPVI

StuartW

My Stradale is in for an MOT and a couple of warranty items today & the good folk at Marshall Peterborough have lent me this.

IMG_20171211_1211038.jpg

It's my first time with a QPVI and for a big (very big!) saloon, it's impressive. It's handles the very uneven roads around here easily and for such a large car, is decent in the corners too - not too shabby at all

Andyk

I rather like it..its looks have grown on me..it looks better than the face lifted car as well.....Is it a petrol or diesel.

StuartW

I agree, it has grown on me too - it doesn't feel as big when you're driving it until you go to park it, or try to pass a car on a soft verge on a country lane which was a bit hairy.

It's the diesel & the engine isn't too bad but that noise when cold is annoying I have to say, not what I want to hear from a Maserati really

zagatoes30

They are much bette in the flesh than in photos, I quite like them but couldn't live with a diesel

Andyk

Agree Mick....but the only thing about black is it seems to wear better than the lighter colours and from I've seen even more so in a Maserati....

keith

I agree, it has grown on me too - it doesn't feel as big when you're driving it until you go to park it, or try to pass a car on a soft verge on a country lane which was a bit hairy.

It's the diesel & the engine isn't too bad but that noise when cold is annoying I have to say, not what I want to hear from a Maserati really

I agree with your point regarding during warm up, but even some petrol V6's can sound a little rough when cold. However once upto to temp I think it could be more refined than the 3 litre petrol.
On Saturday evening I was in the car in central London, and thought my car was more refined than I have previously noticed.
One thing, despite the top end exotic and luxury cars so frequent on the roads of central London, my humble DIESEL Ghibli still attracted attention, with one pedestrian giving me a 'thumbs up, nice car' as he crossed in front of me.
Albeit Christmas, but the West End was even more of a madhouse, with it taking some 30 mins to park!

StuartW

I agree with your point regarding during warm up, but even some petrol V6's can sound a little rough when cold. However once upto to temp I think it could be more refined than the 3 litre petrol.
On Saturday evening I was in the car in central London, and thought my car was more refined than I have previously noticed.
One thing, despite the top end exotic and luxury cars so frequent on the roads of central London, my humble DIESEL Ghibli still attracted attention, with one pedestrian giving me a 'thumbs up, nice car' as he crossed in front of me.
Albeit Christmas, but the West End was even more of a madhouse, with it taking some 30 mins to park!

Absolutely, they are definitely both very nice looking 4 door saloon cars and I agreed that they stand out from the crowd
I wouldn't fancy attempting to park this beast in the West End though, I think it would take more than 30 minutes for me to park it!