Flattering review of Levante S Gransport

Michael

There are some great main dealer lease deals at the moment on the diesel Levante's. I have seen £6k upfront and £520/month plus VAT.

Will not get 7 in and a dog crate.

I am waiting for the Discovery hybrid... it’s out in the RR and RR Sport so hoping it’ll be here by next year

bigbob

Will not get 7 in and a dog crate.

I am waiting for the Discovery hybrid... it's out in the RR and RR Sport so hoping it'll be here by next year

You must have a small dog. I am always disappointed with the space in my D4 behind the third row seats when I use them. I have been thinking of changing my car but can't get over the look of the D5.

Benmilesbc

There's an aftermarket rear boot panel now that centers the number plate. Makes the Discovery look as it should in my opinion!

bigbob

There's an aftermarket rear boot panel now that centers the number plate. Makes the Discovery look as it should in my opinion!

Saw that and agree but the more I see them the more fault I find - headlamps too small, glassline starts too high, miss the three middle seats, boot shape not as useful, miss the split boot lid etc etc.

montravia

I've been driving a gransport s with delivery mileage as a courtesy car.

It's deisel.

The review in the OP indicates that the engine is built by Ferrari.

Is it really? Feels like a a Chrysler to me.

The rest screams Chrysler.

Is it a Chrysler diesel merely assembled by Ferrari or has Ferrari designed a diesel engine which sounds off the wall?

Wayne1

Of course we are all allowed our opinions.... mine is I don't believe any of the current models (Ghibli, Levante's ) get enough credit on this site. I have had the pleasure of owning 2 Ghibli's (1 Diesel and now a petrol ) and a Levante (Diesel) for a month. Having owned all the usuals in the last many years, my personal opinion is the Masers I mention are every good if not better then any of the usuals ( BMW, Merc, Audi, JLR etc) . The classics that are largely referred to on this site are all amazing. The Granturismo the best looking car on the planet.... the new ranges ALL exceptional and everyone of them far more interesting and aesthetically pleasing than the usuals.

GeoffCapes

Of course we are all allowed our opinions.... mine is I don't believe any of the current models (Ghibli, Levante's ) get enough credit on this site. I have had the pleasure of owning 2 Ghibli's (1 Diesel and now a petrol ) and a Levante (Diesel) for a month. Having owned all the usuals in the last many years, my personal opinion is the Masers I mention are every good if not better then any of the usuals ( BMW, Merc, Audi, JLR etc) . The classics that are largely referred to on this site are all amazing. The Granturismo the best looking car on the planet.... the new ranges ALL exceptional and everyone of them far more interesting and aesthetically pleasing than the usuals.

I think the issue is simple.

They're diesels. Everyone expects Maserati's to be petrol.

However, I took a diesel Ghibli for a test drive, albeit a short one, where I wasn't able (allowed) to give it the beans, and was not overly impressed.
And then bought a Merc E Class.

Having spoken to Ghibli Diesel owners, they all have nothing but praise for their cars. So many I need to have a proper drive in one, because they certainly stand out from the crowd (Merc, BMW & Audi) looks wise, and the interiors certainly look better.

I like the Levante, and would probably buy a used one when they have dropped a little in price. As the missus likes them.

P R

I've been driving a gransport s with delivery mileage as a courtesy car.

It's deisel.

The review in the OP indicates that the engine is built by Ferrari.

Is it really? Feels like a a Chrysler to me.

The rest screams Chrysler.

Is it a Chrysler diesel merely assembled by Ferrari or has Ferrari designed a diesel engine which sounds off the wall?

The diesel Maserati engine has nothing to do with Ferrari. Its a VM Motori sourced engine (though now they are 100% Fiat owned). The same v6 is now found in some top spec Jeeps, but at lower power (not sure if there are any hardware differences.

Corranga

Personally, I think the opinion on here is based on more than just the diesel element, but it's just another thing to set apart owners of older Maserati to those who have current models.
My interest, and I'm sure many more here is in sports cars and coupes. I don't like SUVs at all, so the Levante is simply not of any interest to me. I love the QP V but it's not comparable, it has too many doors. The Ghibli, and indeed the newer QPs don't look as good to my eye.
They all look lovely compared to the usual German suspects, but they don't set the heart racing. They are compromised towards practicality. They don't scream get in and drive me, and I'm not sure they yet balance out the comfort / reliability / cost / looks / driving experience compromise quite in the same way the German lot do either.