Wtd - Alfa 159

jimmymoss

The Maser is well and truly sorted at the minute after some time at Giallo and I could do with something else to keep junk miles off it. Ideally it would be a 159 Sportswagon, petrol and manual.

Are there any out there wanting new homes?

Cheers. James.

conaero

Forum Owner
Personally, I would go for the 2.0D SportWagon in Ti spec if you can stretch to it with the later 6 speed gearbox. The 2.4 is great but is very powerful but in its defence the mpg is amazingly good...plus you cant get the smaller D's in the Brera...well, not in the UK anyway.

jimmymoss

Yes cheers, agreed as Ti spec looks excellent.

This needs to be pretty **** cheap really so it'll probably end up being a petrol as they appear to have taken the biggest hit on prices. Not too stressed about MPG - it's going to be significantly better than the 4200 whichever it is!

conaero

Forum Owner
Go for a 1.8 petrol or the like then.

It is a heavy car mind and the JTD is best suited due to its torque and economy.

zagatoes30

Mate has a tweaked 2.4 Q4 159, nice suspension setup - it is chuffing quick and handles really well

Mattp

Not quite a 159, but I've got a 1.9 GT Q2, in black with black leather, red stitching that needs a new home, 18" 5 spoke wheels, Angel remap, lightweight single mass flywheel and K&N, Bose, with sub and Alpine audio...

It needs a new clutch so I don't want a huge amount of money for it, but it's been a dependable little car, I'm the second owner and had it since 2010 :)

jimmymoss

Not quite a 159, but I've got a 1.9 GT Q2, in black with black leather, red stitching that needs a new home, 18" 5 spoke wheels, Angel remap, lightweight single mass flywheel and K&N, Bose, with sub and Alpine audio...

It needs a new clutch so I don't want a huge amount of money for it, but it's been a dependable little car, I'm the second owner and had it since 2010 :)

Thanks for this but doesn't really do the job as we need something a lot more practical/big!

Used to have a 2.0 T Spark GT. Pretty car and good value but a pain in the ar$e towards the end of it's life..

Cheers

jaisharma

I have a 159 2.4 lusso saloon, grey with red interior if that is of interest. We have had it for almost six years, and done about 60k miles (now 132k miles). Always been looked after mechanically, and won't be expensive.
I am on 07771611681

jimmymoss

I have a 159 2.4 lusso saloon, grey with red interior if that is of interest. We have had it for almost six years, and done about 60k miles (now 132k miles). Always been looked after mechanically, and won't be expensive.
I am on 07771611681

Thanks for this. Big mileage for an Alfa!

Where about are you?

jaisharma

Thanks, I prefer to think of it as "experienced" :)
I am just south of Chelmsford, J 14 of the A 12, 10 min from J 28 of the M25
I should have added that I have a long motorway commute (70 miles each way, though I only do it once or twice a week) so it has had mainly motorway miles.

jimmymoss

Thanks, I prefer to think of it as "experienced" :)
I am just south of Chelmsford, J 14 of the A 12, 10 min from J 28 of the M25
I should have added that I have a long motorway commute (70 miles each way, though I only do it once or twice a week) so it has had mainly motorway miles.

Thanks for this and apologies for the delay. Mileage is just too high in reality. Need something as maintenance and stress free as possible and this has been vetoed by her indoors...