TPMS (Again)

Wanderer

I bought the QP about 2 months ago, had been on forecourt for a while - sensors are all less than a year old, one had broken off inside the wheel, new one fitted but still nothing on the TMPS screen. Just says 'Calibrating..' when I press the button, and eventually says failure etc, go to dealer. I never see the graphic of the car with wheels etc, just the tyre with an exclamation mark in it.

I read elsewhere that they've probably gone to sleep, and that letting the tyres down for 15/20 mins, reinflating and driving/recalibrating can 'wake them up' - theory being they go to sleep after a while to save the battery?

Any truth in this? How much to deflate tyres? Worth a pop?

Wanderer

Anything is worth a try... but I would start with a battery reset first.

Is that any different than disconnecting/reconnecting the battery? That's been done a few times sorting few other initial issues I had...

Wanderer

Took car to tyre guy, for a scan of the sensors, all (bar the new one) said - reduce tyre pressure - which we did - sensor pickup them all up, set pressure to normal, drove about for 20 mins repeatedly pressing the the calibrate button - no luck.

So it's a battery reset (not doing that here in Dublin - no garage or drive, will do when back home in UK) or, clean TPMS ecu, or replace. I know it's in front footwell, but which one? I read many reports but with RHD/LHD confusion I'm not sure what changes with hand? Ideas?

My mission, should I choose to accept it, is to finally have an Italian car with no warning lights or beeps. This car will self-destruct......

CatmanV2

There's no point in repeatedly pressing the calibration button unless it's saying 'calibration failed'.

C