Ghibli vs Ghibli S vs Granturismo. Help!

Benmilesbc

Hi all,

I'm a new member and long time Italian car enthusiast, having had three Alfas (and counting!). Right now I'm trying to talk myself into buying a Maserati. I've always loved the Granturismo because of the looks, the sound and, well, everything about it. I can get a 2009 4.7 GT with reasonable mileage for a little less than £35k. However, for the same sort of money I can get a 2014 Ghibli S with the benefits of more practicality, a much more up to date interior and presumably cheaper running costs. If I get the Ghibli will that satisfy my Maser lust or will I always still wish I'd opted for the GT? How does the V6 turbo sound compared to the V8, is it even close? If I get the GT will the dated interior and running costs make ownership more of a chore than a delight? So torn!

Second question: Is the standard petrol Ghibli really identical to the S with a detune? Already have a practical Diesel family car so definitely want a petrol car for the Maser, regardless of how great the diesel may be, however I don't want to pay a large excess for an identical product if a simple remap can "fix" the standard car.

Thanks in advance!

Ben