GranSport on the cover of Modern Classics magazine

Andyk

Thing is with these cars it's almost irrelevant what reviews say either way as most will have made their mind up which car they want.....Some will never have a 911 as it hasn't got what they are looking for but the Italians does and vice versa.... I already know which I would have and that's without turning a page and reading it probably wouldn't change my mind but it's always good to here what others think and am looking forward to having a read.

As a footnote another car that would have made an interesting conparision which seems to have bottomed out at around 35k is a 2007/2008 Audi R8.....The original EVO group test put it above the 911, Vantage Prodrive and M6 they put it up against. I was never a fan but at 35 to 40k for a Supercar you can use daily it is a very tempting alternative to the others.....Sure we will get into its not exciting like an Italian car but it has a V8 420 bhp it can't be that bad.

BRR

I buy every edition of Modern Classics but I'm especially looking forward to picking up this one, it will be interesting to see how the reviewers felt about the cars. I would guess the 997 is objectively the best car of the three but it's the one I'd want least as weekend car, though it's the only one I'd consider as a daily. when I first bought my GS I tried using it as a daily for the first year and the costs and annoyances made me fall out of love with the car pretty quickly but as soon as it became my evenings and weekends car again the love soon returned and I really don't know what I'd ever replace it with. I've driven a couple of 996/997 and for the daily drive they'd be great as they're like driving a Golf, but then you may aswell have a Golf, though obviously when pushed ******* an open, twisty road they come alive like very few cars I've ever driven.

The Aston looks stunning and sounds great and for that alone if the GS didn't exist I'd probably have one

One thing I definitely would like on the GS is to be able to keep the suspension in normal mode whilst the exhaust, gearbox etc are in sport settings. is anyone aware of there being a mod developed that would allow this?

Contigo

Sponsor
I have most editions including the first 10 or so, I see that the first edition (when it was bimonthly iirc) goes for £30-40 on Ebay so the magazine is very highly regarded.

Andyk

It is a beauty Mark......Interesting that both the GTS and Audi R8 can be had for 35k and on paper both performance figures are pretty close.....Didn't the GTS cost around 10/15k more new though ?

Andyk

That's good buddy as shows you are using it which has to be as intended....

redsonnylee

Just popped down and ordered a copy in from my newsagents & look forward to reading the article tks.

GeoffCapes

I swear mine is carrying about 100 pounds of salt right now!

C

Mines about the same. Will try and jet wash it at least later.

Do you have a shoe horn to get it into your garage Mark??!!

Pretty much. Drive it in, and then turn very slightly to the left to be able to open the door. Have markings in the garage to make sure I don't go too far!

That's what I was thinking,he can get it in but can't get out of it! Sleeps in it :D

See above!

Should have bought a GranCabrio so he could get easy access. Might need a bit of Factor 50 on that bonce of his though!

Or a cap.
When I bought an XR3i Cabriolet when I was 21, I learnt the had way about lack of sun cream in a convertible.
And I had hair then as well!