future maserati owner

da55ter

hello everyone. ive been looking into purchasing a quattroporte gts for a while. but obviously, as with any purchase of a sports car. a little bit of research has to be done.... so if anyone has any advice or guidance. it would be much appreciated.

cheers

Darren

devon uk

Contigo

Sponsor
Welcome Daren,

You need to have a look at Ewan's car. It is stunning Med Blue and one of the best out there.

Contigo

Sponsor
It's not a GTS IIRC but a 4.2 GT but still I'd rather have it over the 4.7 as the colour and spec is stunning. There are literally a handful of QP's out there in that colour.

Contigo

Sponsor
attachment.php

da55ter

god that colour is gorgeous, is that a factory colour? i just need to know what running costs are like on the gts compared to the gt....

Ewan

The Blu Mediterraneo of my car is indeed a factory colour. But mine was the only such (UK, RHD) GTS produced in it.

The running costs for the full-fat GTS are the same, or lower, than the standard Sport GT. The GTS has the ZF auto box with paddle shift over-riders, whereas the pre-2009 Sport GT cars had the earlier Duo-Select manual box (which means a clutch change every X years).

Over and above the spec of a Sport GT, the GTS has lowered and fixed rate Bilstein sports dampers, sports seats, bigger brakes, bespoke tyres, carbon fibre interior parts, alcantara seat inserts (and gearknob, steering wheel, roof lining, etc), shadow chrome exterior kit (window surrounds, exhaust tips), colour coded door handles (and possibly some other things that currently slip my mind). It all adds up to provide a more engaging drive and a greater sense of exclusivity.

Of course, it comes at a cost - but only a modest one. My car is only a few £k over a similar age/mileage non-GTS QP.

If you are interested, PM me your email address and I'll send you full details/pictures. Though there's another thread on my car somewhere on the forum so you may see it there. It's not currently publicly advertised as I thought I'd wait until the spring and put it up for £22,995. But I'd happily move it on before hand for a couple of thousand less.

Ewan

QP3.jpgQP4.jpgQP23.jpg

She looks slightly different now that the rear windows have been darkened, along with the shadow chrome to the front grill surround. Of course, it's all reversible, but gives the car even more "presence".

I've just re-listed her on Autotrader, so there are more pictures there.

Contigo

Sponsor
Shocked she's not sold, just shows you how hard it can be. Your silver one was an easier sale mainly because I bought it blind! :D

rockits

I would definitely have had it if I did already have the QP. Shame you weren't selling it last October.

Andyk

Same here Phil....Can't believe she is still unsold...It just shows they are a buffer to sell....but then most V8's are I suppose and add 4 doors and it seems to take even longer..... It's a stunning car Ewans and if I had the readies it would be a keeper....Such a rare spec....Sure a buyer will be along...Its a case of sitting tight until the right one does I suppose.

Contigo

Sponsor
But it amazes me the amount of people who come on here saying want to buy a QP and then were refer to this car and they ignore it!!! Bizarre.....

rockits

I think some of the newer to the brand guys start looking at facelift cars. They see newer lower mile lesser Sport GT models for less cash. We know the GTS is a better package but many either aren't bothered or don't see the extra that the GTS offers is what is seems to me.

I would have had it for sure & if someone wants to take my Exec GT I'll take Ewan's GTS. Will cost a few k on top of mine but worth it.

Ewan

Interestingly I've had four people view the car with the possibility of it being their first Maserati. Of these, one I'm not in touch with and the other three bought different marques (BMW, Merc). When push comes to shove, they revert to type and go for what they perceive to be the safer option. But I don't really understand it as I see no risk in a £20k QP that isn't present in, say, a £20k S-Class. Indeed, the Merc will depreciate more so may well be the more costly ownership experience.

Of course, someone will come along, and most probably it'll be a current Maserati owner. After all, it took me 15 Maserati's until I found this one! I'm looking forward to taking it to work today as it needs a run out.