Northern meet - 5/6 May

Doohickey

Velociraptor
It's a while since we had a northern (England!) meet so I thought I would see what the appetite would be.

It's Cars in the Park at Newby Hall near Ripon on 6th May which is always a good day out so I'm thinking a day in the Dales on the Saturday, stay over somewhere and then to Newby on the Sunday.

My early thoughts are to meet at Scotch Corner services and then up to Middleton in Teesdale, the Tan Hill Inn (the highest in Britain) for lunch, over Buttertubs Pass and then down to stay at the Red Lion at Burnsall if we can get in. It's a lovely old coaching inn with plenty of parking, good food and proper beer. It's then about an hour to Newby across country.

These are some great driving roads and excellent fun. The Tour de Yorkshire starts in Richmond on the Saturday but we should be fine if we time it right.

The route could look something like this but any other suggestions welcome:

[https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/S...6a0d5703ea00309!2m2!1d-1.956564!2d54.0499!3e0

Link to the hotel here.

http://www.redlion.co.uk

The hotel tends to be popular so I'll check availability.

You will need to register and book tickets for the Cars in the Park individually but if you put SportsMaserati as your car group then we should all be together.

http://www.carsinthepark.org.uk/index.php

If this is of interest please confirm below. I probably need a good feel for numbers within a couple of weeks and then commitment by the end of the month.

1. Doohickey + 1 (or possibly 2).

Last edited:

MrMickS

2. MrMickS + 1 - probably only for the Saturday though

agooner

Dave, not heard "Buttertubs Pass" mentioned since my old road rallying days in the late 70s/early 80s. Good times with great memories.
Andy

Jkulin

Hi Dave, Put me down plus +3 but will confirm: -

3. Jkulin +3 to be confirmed

Lozzer

Be nice to give her a good run out.

4. Lozzer + 1

Terry

Hi Dave

Happy New Year to you, and thanks for the suggestion.

4. Lozzer + 1
5. Terry - probably only for the Saturday, though.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Possibly, depending on dates.

4. Lozzer + 1
5. Terry - probably only for the Saturday, though
6. BennyD. To be confirmed.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
4. Lozzer + 1
7. Sospanbach

Thought I'd give this a bump for the weekend. Want to try and sort the hotel shortly so can those who are probably just Saturday let me know if you want to stay over.

Jkulin

Hi Dave,

Yep, we have made plans for all of us: -

3. Jkulin +3 confirmed
4. Lozzer + 1
7. Sospanbach

Terry

Hello David

Great joy having family, but occasionally "family things" conflict with other things one has planned! All of which is a lead-in to an apology that I won`t be able to make 5th May after all. I`m very sorry.

Hope that the weekend goes well - I`m sure it will.

Terry

ChrisN

Hi David

Sorry I can't make the event or Newby this year, but I've sold the 4200 Spyder to an Aussie who is in the process of shipping it over there!

After 4 years of ownership I just fancied a change and have acquired a 90's TVR V8. All car enthusiasts need to own one of these at some point don't they?

Hope to see some of you at some event this year. I may be back in the Maser fold next year if it all goes pear-shaped.

All the best

Chris

Jkulin

Nearly forgot my tickets, now sorted, David when do we need to book and pay for the hotel?

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Sorry - I've been bonkers at work.

Can those who are staying on Saturday night confirm twin or double rooms and I will sort it out. I will pm as well.

Lozzer

Make mine a double please,.. and I will need a double room on the Saturday as well.:)
Thank's Dave
Loz

sospanbach

hello dave don't need a room thanks will join for the Saturday drive if poss [ weather permitting ] thanks dave