H or X pipe related ask

TR03FEO

Hi fellow members,

Has anyone local to me got either an x pipe or h pipe fitted to their 4.7 granturismo mc shift auto with standard exhaust setup?

As would, if possible like it hear first hand what either sounds like before taking the plunge and making either mod.

I'm based on outskirts of Marlow, Bucks

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonW

Hi fellow members,

Has anyone local to me got either an x pipe or h pipe fitted to their 4.7 granturismo mc shift auto with standard exhaust setup?

As would, if possible like it hear first hand what either sounds like before taking the plunge and making either mod.

I’m based on outskirts of Marlow, Bucks

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes - I do. I’ve got a 2012 4.7 GTS Auto with the Sports Pack which means I have the MC Autoshift software and a Larini x-pipe... I’m sure, if you’d like to, we could find a date when I go for a blast and head over to you, or vice versa

Contigo

Sponsor
Sent you a PM mate, I'd buy the Larini centre pipe (X or H) and have that fitted at a local garage.

conaero

Forum Owner
I have the H on my Stradale and it is more expensive and straight through silenced. It sort of enlarges and has gauze only in that bit. Its not made much of a difference but does sound lovely on full chat. I appreciate I have the Strad rear boxes which are louder than standard GTS.

I was put off the X as people said, yes, it does give you volume but makes it sound rough which is not what I was after.

Ill probably go Larini Sports Cats next.

Just my twopennethworth.

outrun

I have the opposite with a Larini X on my Strad. It sounds perfect to my ears and I don't want to make any more changes. Not to the exhaust anyway....

I need to paint the front end of mine soon but will probably wait until the summer jaunts are over. I said that last year too!

I'd like a roll cage, Matt? Any progress with that?

Spartacus

Ill be getting a phone call from SM HQ about measuring up for a roll cage soon then :telephone: :chairfall:

Last edited:

conaero

Forum Owner
Yep, its a Spring project. We are having some issues with the bushes as they will require SM to take out indemnity insurance and its got me shying away. This coupled with the fact Maserati have upgraded the OEM bushes is also a factor.

The cage is purely aesthetical so no issue with that. Blondie has offered me to remove her's to measure up and I have an idea of costs.

The only issue is if you change to harnesses and strap them to it. It will be like for like if not stronger but we wont have CE granted on it so if you do its down to you and you only. I feel the harnesses should be chassis bolted and thus we will not be supplying them with the cage.

Our cages will also be foam filled as owners who have OEM ones complain of stones rattling around inside them. Quite the irritant apparently. Blondie, will of course be getting hers foam filled (keep it clean!)