Bicester Heritage Sunday Scramble 7/1/18

IanU

Not really sure which was the best area to post this, but is anyone on here planning to go? It is just round the corner from me and I've been to every one so far. If you've never been, you're missing a treat. Not withstanding the surreal variety of fabulously rare metal that turns up, but the engineering companies on site open their doors (most of them), there are restoration companies on site that open their workshops as viewing galleries - amazing.
If it's open, easily missed, take the opportunity to take a peek in the Historit hangar through viewing window.
Not to be confused with the Flywheel Festival in the summer which has an airshow and focuses primarily on the airfield. This gathering focuses on the main site. Last time I met Ed China wandering around and normally attracts a few celebrities trying to keep a low key.
£6 entry can't go wrong :)

http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/whaton/sunday-scramble-6/

IanU

I love this type of thing, a 500 mile round trip though!

Yeah I did notice that.... I'll try and post some pictures. It is starting to attract quite a following as the attendance is is simply jaw dropping - not numbers, but what people turn up in. And the workshops...oh the workshops - car ****!

Scaf

Never been before but it’s sound like a great event - I am taking my 1965 Mustang Coupe

IanU

Never been before but it’s sound like a great event - I am taking my 1965 Mustang Coupe

I'll be looking out for you then. Shouldnt be too many of them there I expect. You'll get to park it in the main site instead of the public car park too

Scaf

I parked up with the Mustang club - out in the airfield and literally the coldest place on earth - but what a cool place, they
hold 4 scrambles a year but I bet this will become the “new Goodwood” they are even planing developing their small race track. I didn’t stay long as i am out to lunch, will post up a link to some pics later.

Here we go:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmc1PM4Q

IanU

I parked up with the Mustang club - out in the airfield and literally the coldest place on earth - but what a cool place, they
hold 4 scrambles a year but I bet this will become the “new Goodwood†they are even planing developing their small race track. I didn't stay long as i am out to lunch, will post up a link to some pics later.

Here we go:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmc1PM4Q

Hi Scaf,
I think you got it pretty well covered with the photos, nice work. I saw the Mustangs parked up as I came in, you're right though the wind cut you in half. We went and sought refuge among the buildings. The Porsche Owners Club are obviously loaded and hired the whole hangar this time.
Always a different mix of cars - a lot of Mustangs this time too :) I didn't see another Maserati though.
The only Jensen on site (pictured above) belongs to my neighbour, my Maserati purchase kicked him into getting his dream car too - he felt he'd waited long enough.
Next one is 22nd April - hopefully a lot warmer.

Cheers
Ian.

Scaf

Ian - sorry I missed you, I will be there in April and hope to bring a free friends with and eclectic selections of classics.
With the pics I wanted to try and get across the whole heritage engineering and speciality thing as well as the cars. I was there when the pulled the F40 out of the HiSTORit shed - and peeked in, literally hundreds of converted exotics locked safely away - am amazing place.
I also had a long chat with the guy who runs the charitable car mechanics course on site teaching youngsters how to fix proper old cars and giving them life lasting skills.