Mpg

daglocks

My 4200 cambiocorsa reads 17mpg average no matter how I drive. Is it possible to reset something, or is it just a **** gauge?

Scaf

You are doing something wrong .......
It should be reading 12mpg at most, drive harder and faster !
Any problems PM me and I'll fix it for you .......

spkennyuk

My 4200 cambiocorsa reads 17mpg average no matter how I drive. Is it possible to reset something, or is it just a **** gauge?

Go into the trip menu on the central display. Im pretty sure you can reset trip A and trip b functions from there. Ive not been in the menu for awhile. Trip A is current journey and resets itself if your out of the car for 2 hours or more.

Trip B is the one that the average mpg on the display is calculated against. Its a 0 to 3000 miles or 0 to 5000 miles counter. I cant recall which but it averages the MPG over the miles shown there. It resets itself when it reaches the upper number. If you turn the right hand knob on the info screen to high light reset and then push the knob to confirm.

Once it resets your mpg reading will be all over the show for the first 100 miles or so. Heavy traffic and your mpg will fall to 10 to 12 ish decent motorway run 19 to 21 ish.

Mines pretty static at 17 mpg as im not often in traffic and plenty of 40 to 70 mph roads around me.

Moz1000

If I recall correctly the gallons are US Gallons. Can anyone confirm this? I think it's in the manual.
Moz

daglocks

Go into the trip menu on the central display. Im pretty sure you can reset trip A and trip b functions from there. Ive not been in the menu for awhile. Trip A is current journey and resets itself if your out of the car for 2 hours or more.

Trip B is the one that the average mpg on the display is calculated against. Its a 0 to 3000 miles or 0 to 5000 miles counter. I cant recall which but it averages the MPG over the miles shown there. It resets itself when it reaches the upper number. If you turn the right hand knob on the info screen to high light reset and then push the knob to confirm.

Once it resets your mpg reading will be all over the show for the first 100 miles or so. Heavy traffic and your mpg will fall to 10 to 12 ish decent motorway run 19 to 21 ish.

Mines pretty static at 17 mpg as im not often in traffic and plenty of 40 to 70 mph roads around me.

Thanks spkennyuk, That makes sense.

daglocks

I can't get the reset to highlight.
Also, the "TRIP" box in the top right corner of the screen is greyed out, with "AUDIO" in black. I can't toggle between the two.

However, when I press the trip button it toggles between trip A and B. Ive pressed the RH button when each are selected and the distances have returned to zero, and no mpg shown. Lets hope his works!

spkennyuk

I can't get the reset to highlight.
Also, the "TRIP" box in the top right corner of the screen is greyed out, with "AUDIO" in black. I can't toggle between the two.

However, when I press the trip button it toggles between trip A and B. Ive pressed the RH button when each are selected and the distances have returned to zero, and no mpg shown. Lets hope his works!

If they have both reset to zero then it will have worked. If you find that the mpg figure resets to zero after you have not used the car for 2 hours then go back into the trip menu and select trip B and it should display the accumulative total mpg figure.

conaero

Forum Owner
I fill it up...I smile as I empty it...I fill it up...

On a serious note, I think me and Zep were pulling about 24mpg on motorway back through France in October. Round the twists.....about half that.

Corranga

Don't you just go to the screen that shows mpg and press the left scroll wheel thingy in to reset it?

Pretty sure I once saw 18mpg, but 15 is more the norm for me.

Zep

I fill it up...I smile as I empty it...I fill it up...

On a serious note, I think me and Zep were pulling about 24mpg on motorway back through France in October. Round the twists.....about half that.

I think it was about that, I was amazed at the mpg that both your and Blu's GTS achieved. From what I can tell a GTS is much more efficient than a 4200 / GS. I think I get 17 mpg if I drive gently and less than 8 mpg on the track.

Zep

Oh and I just had a flashback to our economy run into Claremont Ferrand. That wasn't close at all

spkennyuk

Most ive had out of my 4200 is 22mpg on a run down from manchester to Ace cafe and back.

The trip b had reset just before the 400 mile round trip. If i do a long trip now the average will rise to around 19 mpg with a decent mix of town, motorway and twisty driving already on the trip meter.

F456M

I am a bit dissappointed about the fuel economy of the 4200. My 550 is not any thirstier. I think some of the reason for it is the 7500 redline, which means the car is low geared even in 6th. My 2002 M3 gets about 30 mph. when cruising at 90 kph.!! Even With my boat behind it, it uses less fuel than the Maserati. Something is wrong in the engines mapping......