Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cambiocorsa

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
    I can't see why you'd buy this car over either of those, as the standard cambiocorsa Spyder is arguably the most flawed Maser of the last (approx) 20 years.
    Ouch - a tad harsh IMO, dynamically the Spyder might not be as a rigid as the coupe but it is in no ways floppy. There is scuttle shake particularly on poor roads but suspension keeps the wheels firmly planted on the road and of course it beats all the coupes hands down when the hood is down like all convertibles the lack of roof makes it feel faster and more at one with nature.

As fas as the Auto function on the gearbox is concerned I never used it.
    Andy

Current Fleet

1982 Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2.0, 1991 Alfa Romeo SZ,1996 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
    1999 Maserati QP IV
    2009 Range Rover Supercharged
    1983 Raleigh Tuff Burner

I just bought a 2006 GranSport Spyder CC and after three weeks I have not tried the Auto system. I’ve heard it wears the clutch more than CC paddle shifting.

Guess I will have to give that a try in the next couple days.

Wonderful car so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrognard View Post
    I just bought a 2006 GranSport Spyder CC and after three weeks I have not tried the Auto system. I’ve heard it wears the clutch more than CC paddle shifting.

Guess I will have to give that a try in the next couple days.

Wonderful car so far.
    Indeed a wonderful car. I havent tried the auto mode in mine as it's too much fun changing gears and making noise. Ice mode has been useful a couple of times.
    Stevie

Current:
    "Myfanwy" 2006 GS Spyder LE - winner of all the Maserati as the car most desirable to drive home (2017 Maserati Concours)
    "Lottie" - 2001 Saab 93 Cab (rather different under the skin thanks to Abbott Motorsport)
    "Alison" - 2006 Ford Focus 5dr ST3

Past:
    "Ilaria Amedea" - 2002 Spyder CC
    1995 Nissan Micra 5dr 1.0

Try the auto mode on the motorway.
    Middle lane, no traffic, dry.
    Then mash your foot into the carpet.
    ...and hold on!
    The kickdown is something else, which you can't replicate easily yourself for it double declutches and jumps down several gears or more to the perfect gear for maximum acceleration!
    Mike

02 "Classico" 4200 CC Coupe
    74 Triumph Stag
    17 BMW M140i
    15 Volvo V40 D4 R-Design

Past Italians: FIAT Panda, Lancia Y10 Fire, Lancia Y10 Turbo, Alfa Romeo 33S 16V Cloverleaf Permanent 4, Alfa Romeo 146 Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
    Dave - it's the same gearbox system as the Strad and GS that you bid on. A manual gearbox, but with no clutch pedal and gear changes by paddle as opposed to a stick. But it's an older system, so not as quick or smooth.

But it's nowhere near the car that the Strad is, nor the GS we discussed, so I find it a little odd that you consider this after thinking if those other two cars. If your budget is approx £60k, buy the Strad. If it's approx £40k, buy the GS. I can't see why you'd buy this car over either of those, as the standard cambiocorsa Spyder is arguably the most flawed Maser of the last (approx) 20 years.
    Not sure if you got your Dave’s mixed up.....

Yes I thought so too but no matter

Indeed I did - sorry!
    Ewan

Current Maserati - GranSport MC Victory, GranTurismo-S MC Sport Line
    Previous Maserati - Khamsin, Shamal, Ghibli II, Ghibli Cup (x2), QP IV Evo (x3), 3200 (x2), 4200 Spyder (x2), QP V (x3), QP V GTS.

hello dave, I work on the river so usually go that way round to have a ogle at his cars, and no he wont budge on price believe me I have tried garage I use for my m.o.t.,s tests a lot of his cars and they are superbly clean, I was interested a while ago in his 3.2 gta alfas,

Yes mate I have looked on line at the Alfa's too
    The other Masers are interesting also but are all LH Drive which for me is a no no
    I will have another look at the Alfa's in a mo I may be tempted
    Where about on the river are you based?

based near the tranny pd teesports, skipper on a hydrographic survey launch we do the river and tees bay, alfas are nice they are all autos, he is a lovely chap to talk to I have heard if a number don't sell after a period of time they go to a auction don't know which one tho

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast