Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 3200/4200 original carcover to ft Gransport?

  1. #1
    Hi. Just a quick question. I can get an original 3200/4200 car cover here in Norway for a decent price, but as I want to change the looks from "classico" to Gransport look, will this car cover fit in the future when I have done the conversion?? The cover was New before the Gransort came out, so it only says 3200/4200 on the label. It was almost never used so still in a good shape. Thanks.
    Drive with style!

  2. #2
    Senior Member CatmanV2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Harlow
    Posts
    24130
    Quote Originally Posted by F456M View Post
    Hi. Just a quick question. I can get an original 3200/4200 car cover here in Norway for a decent price, but as I want to change the looks from "classico" to Gransport look, will this car cover fit in the future when I have done the conversion?? The cover was New before the Gransort came out, so it only says 3200/4200 on the label. It was almost never used so still in a good shape. Thanks.
    Can't see any reason it wouldn't fit

    C
    The Catman formerly known as an Alfisti.
    '07 Maserati GT (Grigio Palladio), 147 TS, Sprint 1.7

  3. #3
    Senior Member mjheathcote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Posts
    5724
    Plenty of stretch to even accommodate the extra girth of the surf boards!
    Mike

    02 "Classico" 4200 CC Coupe
    74 Triumph Stag
    10 BMW 320d Touring M Sport
    15 Volvo V40 D4 R-Design

    Past Italians: FIAT Panda, Lancia Y10 Fire, Lancia Y10 Turbo, Alfa Romeo 33S 16V Cloverleaf Permanent 4, Alfa Romeo 146 Ti

  4. #4
    Senior Member redsonnylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Kingston, Surrey
    Posts
    939
    My old 3200 indoor cover fits the GS with no problems. It was quite loose on the 3200 but fits relatively snug now
    Tony

    Current - Gransport, BMW X3, Ford BMax Titanium.
    Gone - 3200

  5. #5
    Senior Member allandwf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Forfar
    Posts
    6298
    Yes it will. They are the same, but with a different logo.
    60/75

  6. #6
    Senior Member rockits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    3534
    Funny because you can only get OEM Gransport ones in the UK now. Maybe do a swap with a 3200/4200 owner & they can buy you a GS one in the UK in return.
    2007 Maserati QP V Executive GT ZF Auto - Blu Nettuno
    2007 Maserati 4200 CC - Grigio Nuvolari
    2006 Volvo XC90 4.4 V8 SE LUX Auto - Dark Blue Metallic
    2011 Land Rover Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto - Metallic Grey
    2005 Alfa GT 3.2 V6 Busso Manual - Black
    1999 Mercedes SL500 Auto - Black
    1998 Peugeot 306 GTi-6 Manual - Silver

    Now Gone: 2003 Maserati 4200/GS Hybrid Manual; 2011 Jaguar XJ; 2013 Focus ST-3, 2005 E55K 7 Seater Estate, 2005 E60 M5 V10, 1997 R129 SL60 AMG, 2003 R230 SL55 AMG, 2005 987 Boxster 3.2S Manual

  7. #7
    Thanks alot. I did not expect to get this many replys to a silly question like this, but now I know it is the BEST forum!! My car will never be a Gransport anyway, so no need for a GS logo. I just love the exterior of the Gransport. But I find the interior of the 4200 more classic and appealing. And I miss wood in modern cars after having various Biturbos and Ghiblis. But my car has the wood option! Just a lot less opulent than the older Maseratis. Maybe I can retrofit it to my 4200. Real thick Ghibli wood....
    Drive with style!

  8. #8
    Senior Member outrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3098
    Quote Originally Posted by F456M View Post
    Thanks alot. I did not expect to get this many replys to a silly question like this, but now I know it is the BEST forum!! My car will never be a Gransport anyway, so no need for a GS logo. I just love the exterior of the Gransport. But I find the interior of the 4200 more classic and appealing. And I miss wood in modern cars after having various Biturbos and Ghiblis. But my car has the wood option! Just a lot less opulent than the older Maseratis. Maybe I can retrofit it to my 4200. Real thick Ghibli wood....
    It will look like this on a GS (or 4200 that looks like a GS)

    IMG_20140201_153907.jpg
    MC Stradale

    MC Stradale

  9. #9
    Senior Member mjheathcote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Posts
    5724
    Interestingly my cover looks different!
    In respect that it has a red piping seam following the side bonnet/windscreen/roof/boot line, has velro flaps for the boot aerial/roof aerial, and fits slightly lower so if fitted to a GS the surfboards would be covered.
    My cover came with the car, I didn't buy it, and also has 'Maserati' across the back, and the 'Maserati badge emblem' on the windscreen area.
    Mike

    02 "Classico" 4200 CC Coupe
    74 Triumph Stag
    10 BMW 320d Touring M Sport
    15 Volvo V40 D4 R-Design

    Past Italians: FIAT Panda, Lancia Y10 Fire, Lancia Y10 Turbo, Alfa Romeo 33S 16V Cloverleaf Permanent 4, Alfa Romeo 146 Ti

  10. #10
    Senior Member allandwf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Forfar
    Posts
    6298
    Quote Originally Posted by mjheathcote View Post
    Interestingly my cover looks different!
    In respect that it has a red piping seam following the side bonnet/windscreen/roof/boot line, has velro flaps for the boot aerial/roof aerial, and fits slightly lower so if fitted to a GS the surfboards would be covered.
    My cover came with the car, I didn't buy it, and also has 'Maserati' across the back, and the 'Maserati badge emblem' on the windscreen area.
    Like mine. I still have the Maserati Part No Tag on the bag if anyone wants it.
    5s.jpg
    6s.jpg
    60/75

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •