GS / Vantage Comparison

Andyk

After reading the modern classics article I've been scanning the classifieds looking at 30-40K Vantages.

After selling the 3200AC I bought a Griffith 500, a different sort of car, and it's put a lot of big smiles on my face!

Maybe the Aston is just a nice object - I'm worried that it might feel a bit underpowered/unfocused!

Day to day the Giulia spoils me now, maybe really it would need to be a later and dearer 4.7 Aston which I can't afford.

The V12V just makes me feel:bearlove: maybe one day!!!!!!!!

There is an early V8 for sale on PH at the moment with the Bamford Rose exhaust already fitted which includes throttle remap and ecu I believe.....Should be around 420 bhp against the 380 standard and sounds stunning.....Its £5200 I believe to have one fitted......33k he wants for it but it is an early one with early seats. 2007 model year seats are much better. Suppose you could always change the seats. Low miles as well in her. If I was buying I would def take a look at it.

zagatoes30

There is an early V8 for sale on PH at the moment with the Bamford Rose exhaust already fitted which includes throttle remap and ecu I believe.....Should be around 420 bhp against the 380 standard and sounds stunning.....Its £5200 I believe to have one fitted......33k he wants for it but it is an early one with early seats. 2007 model year seats are much better. Suppose you could always change the seats. Low miles as well in her. If I was buying I would def take a look at it.

Seen that one on PH, it would be one I would be heading to see if I had the money, need to wait a few more months :(

wifedrivestheclio

I spotted that one in Cambridge and is exactly what I’m looking for but service history is poor by Aston standards. Hasn’t made its annual service in last 10 years and recent 2 1/2 year gap would keep me awake at night!

D Walker

I spotted that one in Cambridge and is exactly what I’m looking for but service history is poor by Aston standards. Hasn’t made its annual service in last 10 years and recent 2 1/2 year gap would keep me awake at night!

Eh::
Service History:
41 miles 04.04.06 JCT600
1332 miles 29.09.06 JCT600
4435 miles 30.07.07 JCT600
8007 miles 11.12.08 AAMG LTD
13576 miles 19.01.10 JCT600
19146 miles 11.04.11 AM Cheltenham
22251 miles 06.06.12 McGurks
28914 miles 23.12.15 McGurks
33605 miles 12.06.17 AM Cambridge

BuckRog64

That looks like a much loved example and sensibly priced to sell. I like it and the seller sounds honest and knowledgeable. I've driven 4.3s on a couple of occasions and been disappointed with what felt to me a lazy throttle response on both (lack of torque and heavy DB9 flywheel), but assume that exhaust and remap perhaps addresses that shortcoming to some degree.

The 3.5 year gap in services between 2012 and 2015 will affect value, but the engines drink enough oil that it probably had the equivalent of a couple of oil changes in that period anyway!

wifedrivestheclio

Eh::
Service History:
41 miles 04.04.06 JCT600
1332 miles 29.09.06 JCT600
4435 miles 30.07.07 JCT600
8007 miles 11.12.08 AAMG LTD
13576 miles 19.01.10 JCT600
19146 miles 11.04.11 AM Cheltenham
22251 miles 06.06.12 McGurks
28914 miles 23.12.15 McGurks
33605 miles 12.06.17 AM Cambridge

Yes exactly! I’m more relaxed then most about service history on cars, but the Aston market is particular fussy and I personally wouldn’t be comfortable with that big a gap in recent history without a good story (i.e. been in storage). Who would put over 6k miles on a car in 2 1/2 years and not get it serviced? They were producing nearly 2k per annum during this period so plenty out there. Obviously just my opinion and agree does look to have been loved by someone at some point. The Bamford Rose is also a big plus.

Andyk

I wouldn't worry too much if Aston Cambridge saw it at 33k and gave it a clean bill of health and with no more than 6k between service even though not annual don't think it would bother me.

Looks a cracking car and a good advert......

Andy, please don't get it as you know I will be incredibly jealous....

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Get Christian Lewis to inspect it. They're not that far from Cambridge. There's more piece of mind in an expert opinion than a stamped service book.

Anyway, looks gorgeous. The colour and those wheels are a great combination. I much prefer the centre console on that car to the clumsy messy one they introduced afterwards.

philw696

This is craziness when I bought my 360 it was cheaper than buying a GTS.
Mad mad world for sure.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
You'll be throwing the wife and Crud minor in soon....

lol, cant wait to see your AM @ LM..

You imply they’d add value. Both are a capital drain right now, and although they offer solid medium-long term investment potential, full disclosure forces me to advise you that Crud minor will need continued support for another 3 years. Mrs Crud, on the other hand, is expected to deliver a modest return on my substantial investments over the last God knows how many years of her education, but needs to be steered away from tendencies toward worthy causes and towards more lucrative endeavours.

Out of respect for my fellow Maseratii, I won’t chuck ‘em in for free.

CatmanV2

You imply they’d add value. Both are a capital drain right now, and although they offer solid medium-long term investment potential, full disclosure forces me to advise you that Crud minor will need continued support for another 3 years. Mrs Crud, on the other hand, is expected to deliver a modest return on my substantial investments over the last God knows how many years of her education, but needs to be steered away from tendencies toward worthy causes and towards more lucrative endeavours.

:lol2:

C

rockits

You imply they'd add value. Both are a capital drain right now, and although they offer solid medium-long term investment potential, full disclosure forces me to advise you that Crud minor will need continued support for another 3 years. Mrs Crud, on the other hand, is expected to deliver a modest return on my substantial investments over the last God knows how many years of her education, but needs to be steered away from tendencies toward worthy causes and towards more lucrative endeavours.

Out of respect for my fellow Maseratii, I won't chuck ‘em in for free.
Very funny FC & added some humour to my day

I have asked the kids on numerous if the would prefer to go to school or we could have a Huracan Performante instead!

D Walker

Made my morning...pmsl
I was only intimating - its incredibly cheap.....