3200 Seat Backrest lose and noisy

Boomerang_GT

Hi guys!

I could not find an answer to my question in the search results.
The backrest of the drivers seat is moving a bit back and forward probably due to wear.
The passengers side has less play but makes annoying sounds due to that.
Is there any solution to this problem?

Next question would be if it's possible to adjust the headrest height or if it's possible to remove them?

Thanks!

alfatwo

Efinell mate, the cars 20 years old, what do you expect, If you want the head rests higher just pull them up!

Dave

davy83

removal of the seat is not that hard and you can take the covers off the lower part of the chair back, you may be able to see whats causing the movement and noise, you might be lucky its just a spring loose or something. On the other hand it may just be 20 years old, and you need another seat! maybe a breakers with a good second hand one with less miles on it? The breaker in Northern Ireland had a low mileage 3200 I got a few bits off it.

alfatwo

What you really need is a nice barely used LHD passenger seat, there must be quite a few for sale in Europe :wink:

Dave

Boomerang_GT

Efinell mate, the cars 20 years old, what do you expect, If you want the head rests higher just pull them up!
What you really need is a nice barely used LHD passenger seat, there must be quite a few for sale in Europe
I usually fix my cars when there is something that drifts away from the condition how it should be. I thought this problem might be common and known but obviously not all seats start becoming lose after 40k miles.
Of course pulling the headrest up was one of the first approaches to change its height. Didn't work.
For my LHD Masi I would prefer a RHD passenger seat ;)
I'll try to find the problems with the seats and will post an update.

FIFTY

Contact Soprano Stu (Stuart Lockley), David Askew or Gregg in RoI these breakers might have the RHD passenger seat you seek as long as you don't have green leather seats or anything like that