Stradale service 4th year

FF1078

My car is due it's 2nd service in June

I've just called JCT600 Leeds and got a quote
£1450 inc VAT that is without air filter(I have a BMC one fitted) and without lambda sensors

They quoted about £3k including lambda sensors

It's out of Maserati warranty and has done 10000 miles

Do I really need new sensors fitting?

azapa

I wonder how hard those lambda sensors are to fit? I did them on my M5. What do they cost in Eurospares?

I would make sure they are changing the F1 fluid, if it has not been done since new. The official maintenance schedule for the stradale is vague with regards to this point.

Ebenezer

I was told at the 8 year mark to wait until you get a CEL and then change. If my sensors were changed after 4 years, they are now 6 years old, if they weren't they've done 60K in 10 years
If you are out of warranty and have only done 10K then no pressing need I would have thought
Eb

outrun

There is no way the sensors need changing unless you had done high miles, which you haven't. I went through exactly the same process and got the price down to £1135.80 from my main dealer. I also have a BMC filter and the car was on 12,000 miles so very similar. Ping me a PM and I will send you the email trail with my dealership use as ammo against yours!

Yeti

If it's out of warranty, take it to Geoff at Shiltech. I know it's a bit of a run for you but these guys are top notch

alfatwo

If it's out of warranty, take it to Geoff at Shiltech. I know it's a bit of a run for you but these guys are top notch

I totally agree, pro bunch of guys, I always take the 3200GT there for servicing and stuff.. and the complete engine rebuild last year!

Dave

conaero

Forum Owner
Didn't bother either with the major service items.

Voicey did:
Oil
Oil Filter
Fitted supplied BMC air filter
Gear and diff oil
Aux belt
Stretch belt
Coolant, PS and brake fluids

Think that was it.

alfatwo

Didn't bother either with the major service items.

Voicey did:
Oil
Oil Filter
Fitted supplied BMC air filter
Gear and diff oil
Aux belt
Stretch belt
Coolant, PS and brake fluids

Think that was it.

I think I'm glad I own a nice old 3200GT that's going up in value :wink:

Dave

conaero

Forum Owner
Have you offset your running costs against your rising value or don’t you drive it? :)

Oh and it’s 2 year servicing on the Strad so works out the same as annual on the 32/42

FF1078

Thanks for all the answer
I want MD servicing in the service book. I know independents do a better job but when I come to change in 2 years it will hold it's value better.

Athol has sent me an email so I'll use that as ammo to get the cost down even more.

Ryandoc

This is I have to say bollox. Lambda sensors will go 100k. Who ever changes them par for the course

sofasurfer

Meridien told me that if you want to keep your Maserati warranty then you have to follow their servicing schedule and change the lambdas and carbon canister on the 4 year service no matter what. This would have pushed the price (before I shopped around) to just over £3K. Emblem confirmed that Maserati expect this but also told me not to change them until they go wrong. Cannot remember what they said about the carbon canister but unless my car needs it changing I'm not spending out unnecessarily. As I don't have a Maserati warranty I went with Emblem for the cheaper servicing.