Couple of facelift QP GTS questions...

SPX

I've been on the hunt for a Mercedes S65 AMG for a couple of months now but with them being very thin on the ground my attention turned back to the Quattroporte and I found this on my search; https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...i-quattroporte-v8-sport-gt-s-4dr-auto/8262060

Couple of questions; I had a 2009MY QP facelift but with a different sat nav head unit, is the one in the advert ‘newer'? Mine had Bluetooth calling but no music, will this ‘newer' head unit give me that feature?

Is there anything that sticks out in the photos/description?

Jkulin

I have the same headunit and mine is a 2010.

I downloaded from my server all of my contacts and then converted them to a csv file and copied them to a memory stick and uploaded them to the head unit, it takes a little while but is very efficient, any other call then isn't in the file I then use Siri to call and it gets it 99.999% right.

I purchased a virtually brand new 160GB iPod classic and leave that permanently in the car apart from when I need to update my music, you can achieve similar with This which Keano put me onto, it changes the voltage so you can play modern iPods.

For me I have no desire to alter anything as it works seamlessly and beautifully, I've just bought from JonW a complete set of 2016 update maps which you are welcome to borrow if you go for it.

Andyk

Bloodyhell....Am I missing something with that car....That is dirt cheap for a 4.7 GTS.....It feels 10k cheaper than most for sale........Not seen one under 30k.....

If you are interested in that car I would get and see it ASAP as if someone else sees it and wants one sure they will do the same as I know there is another member looking for one of these as well....Can't see anything that stands out in the pictures as being wrong......What a lot of car for the money.

Ewan

Absolutely cracking value. Someone needs to go and see this quickly, as if the usual checks stack up, it's a bargain. I've not seen a reasonable mileage 4.7 QP GTS have an asking price starting with a 2.

Makes that Wedding White GTS look £10k over priced.

Andyk

Glad it's not just me that feels that Ewan.....Is this a taste of prices going forward or just a bargain I wonder.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
I had a 2009MY QP facelift but with a different sat nav head unit, is the one in the advert ‘newer’? Mine had Bluetooth calling but no music, will this ‘newer’ head unit give me that feature? Is there anything that sticks out in the photos/description?

It looks like it has the same head unit as my 2009 facelift (not GTS) - with, as you say, BT calling but no music. I have a Taotronics BT receiver plugged into the USB (for power) and Aux (for audio) in the glovebox which is fine except that (a) I have to switch it on every time and (b) the volume is a bit low. I though all the facelifts were the same.

Looks good value, although I suppose it all depends on the mechanicals - it might be all perfect, or you might need brakes, clutch, tyres, variators...

I'm a bit surprised the reg does not come up on Cazana https://cazana.com/uk/plate/T10TCB

SPX

I have the same headunit and mine is a 2010.

I downloaded from my server all of my contacts and then converted them to a csv file and copied them to a memory stick and uploaded them to the head unit, it takes a little while but is very efficient, any other call then isn't in the file I then use Siri to call and it gets it 99.999% right.

I purchased a virtually brand new 160GB iPod classic and leave that permanently in the car apart from when I need to update my music, you can achieve similar with This which Keano put me onto, it changes the voltage so you can play modern iPods.

For me I have no desire to alter anything as it works seamlessly and beautifully, I've just bought from JonW a complete set of 2016 update maps which you are welcome to borrow if you go for it.
Thanks for the advice and offer John, I’ll be in touch if I do end up buying it.

SPX

Bloodyhell....Am I missing something with that car....That is dirt cheap for a 4.7 GTS.....It feels 10k cheaper than most for sale........Not seen one under 30k.....
I've seen two under £30k in the last six months, this being the third.

If you are interested in that car I would get and see it ASAP as if someone else sees it and wants one sure they will do the same as I know there is another member looking for one of these as well...
I've been looking for an S65 AMG for the best part of three month without much luck, I'm not worrying about rushing to view the GTS (absolutely snowed under with work at the minute) because even what seem to be well priced take a while to sell.

Andyk

Where have you seen those SPX.....Apart from one ropey one a year or so ago not seen another for much under 35k. Are we saying the GTS is now a car under 30k.....That would mean the one at the dealer in Octiber at 40k and the white one is well over priced.

rockits

I think it is inevitable we start seeing these cars at these numbers. We know they are great cars but for whatever reason the market doesn't agree or love them.

I think it is just the whole great big massive barge executive type car thing across the board where values are constantly pushing down. Who wants these cars? I love em me but many others don't want them. Either I'm brave or stupid. The market seems not so brave or stupid.....more fool them....they are missing out for sure.

Andyk

Nail on the head there buddy. There are unloved on the used market as is most big V8 4 doors but add the Maserati badge and it seems to be even harder to sell on. At least it means there are great buys for us.

rockits

To be honest Merc E55K's are down to under 10k now and take a while to sell & some are afraid of them. Even though they are more reliable than a QP for sure. I'm looking to get back into an E55K Estate again this year I think with the XC90 moving on.

zagatoes30

I this always been the case with big saloons, Audi A8 & BMW 7 Series always less valuable than the smaller A6 & 5 Series. Sale prices even when new was what pushed both Ford & Vauxhall / Opel out of this market back in the early 90s

SPX

Nail on the head there buddy. There are unloved on the used market as is most big V8 4 doors but add the Maserati badge and it seems to be even harder to sell on. At least it means there are great buys for us.

Fully agree, I love the QP V and they offer unbeatable value for money in my opinion but the market is minuscule for them which is, in part, down to their perceived unreliability.

SPX

I think it is inevitable we start seeing these cars at these numbers. We know they are great cars but for whatever reason the market doesn't agree or love them.

I think it is just the whole great big massive barge executive type car thing across the board where values are constantly pushing down. Who wants these cars? I love em me but many others don't want them. Either I'm brave or stupid. The market seems not so brave or stupid.....more fool them....they are missing out for sure.

It’s not just a Maserati thing; if you think their depreciation is bad I’m looking at similar circa 10 year old S65 AMG’s (a £160,000 car) that are around £25,000!

Andyk

Fully agree, I love the QP V and they offer unbeatable value for money in my opinion but the market is minuscule for them which is, in part, down to their perceived unreliability.

This may be just a perception on my part but what I see on here the QP seems to be the most reliable car Maserati has made. Hear more about issues with GT's, 4200, GS that the QP. But then as I said that may be just my perception. But yes you are right people are scared of the reliability of the marque still after all these years.

rockits

I think your right Andy. Voicey & other indy's may be able to confirm but I have a feel that the QP is the most reliable car out of the 3200, 4200 & GS. Not sure about GT. Also seems to present the best value.

Especially if going for later ZF auto & if variators have been done.