oil filler popped out!

davy83

Any one had the oil filler/ dip stick pop out of its position while driving? I was giving it a bit of stick at the time, and its made a **** of a mess with oil everywhere. I am wondering if the oil vapour recovery is blocked causing pressure build up in the sump?
Just wondering if anyone has had this before?

alfatwo

It's better than the rear crank oil seal popping out Davy, give it a compression check, you might have one cylinder down..

With a forced induction motor It's not always obvious

Dave

marios kriticos

SPONSOR: Autosheild
Davy ,
Replace the seals on your dip stick and test again , we have had this a few times and it was the seals .
Marios

Rex B

Check the valve in the breather pipe that runs to the air filter. If this valve is faulty then to release crankcase pressure the only way is through the dip stick tube.

Regards
Rex B

davy83

Hope its not too much crank case pressure.
Well yes this has occurred to me I could have excessive wear in the engine or a problem around the valve stems, I am trying to think positive thoughts at the moment!

davy83

Yes good thought I have a compression tester some where, would be worth a try.

It's better than the rear crank oil seal popping out Davy, give it a compression check, you might have one cylinder down..

With a forced induction motor It's not always obvious

Dave

davy83

Yes there are two little valves the one you suggest and one from the plenum and I presume if this stops working the pressure from the plenum gets fed down into the crank case. And as you rightly say if the bigger valve that allows any pressure to safely blow off into the air intake is stuck then that's going to cause problems too.

Check the valve in the breather pipe that runs to the air filter. If this valve is faulty then to release crankcase pressure the only way is through the dip stick tube.

Regards
Rex B