New Daily Hack.

philw696

Been looking for a while after Andy bought his Beautiful SC in red.
Don't have as many here for sale as the UK.
Decided on the 4.4 Vogue as its going to be the third Gas Guzzler and having driven the SC I knew I would be hooning it as they are addictive.
Gave her a good inspection and scanned her and did the deal drove her back home 425 kilometers.
For a 2008 done 85,000 kilometers she is a 9/10 very pleased.IMG_20180122_094933.jpg

alfatwo

Been looking for a while after Andy bought his Beautiful SC in red.
Don't have as many here for sale as the UK.
Decided on the 4.4 Vogue as its going to be the third Gas Guzzler and having driven the SC I knew I would be hooning it as they are addictive.
Gave her a good inspection and scanned her and did the deal drove her back home 425 kilometers.
For a 2008 done 85,000 kilometers she is a 9/10 very pleased.View attachment 46994

Here's a question for you mate.. why does Aus and New Zealand do KPH and not MPH?

They drive on the same side as us, most of the population have ties with the UK, I wonder what happened..

In the 1950's no one knew what a kilometre was over here!

Dave

philw696

Have no idea at all Dave and have slowly got used to it.
Maybe they want to join the EU as let's be honest many off the Countries in it are not really European ;)

zagatoes30

Cool, despite all their flaws they are great places to be, the other night came back from a friends down a road I know every bend. Stuck it in Sport mode and was shocked how flat it cornered, after a few bends I looked at the speedo and thought "this old barge is really moving on" no sportscar but it would have needed someone really committed to stay with it.

philw696

Off on a Tour of South Island tomorrow and really think we are going to fall in love with the RR.

TridentTested

Here's a question for you mate.. why does Aus and New Zealand do KPH and not MPH?

Ireland as well. It's the sensible route to take. Don't forget the UK went metric in 1973, and indeed was intending to go metric before the first world war but the war put on the back burner.

TridentTested

Which UK was that?

Sorry, it was 1972:-

1972The White Paper on Metrication (Cmnd. 4880) confirms that metric units should become the primary system of measurement in the UK, and says that the changeover should take place in a well-ordered and regulated manner.
The Building Regulations are re-issued in metric units to match progress in the building industry.

http://www.metric.org.uk/uk-metric-time-line

It seems we very nearly changed our road signs, but surprise surprise, the politicians fudged it.

The furlong, cubic yard, bushel and dram cease to be legally authorised.
The government estimate that the cost of converting road traffic signs would be £7.5 to £8.5 million.
A small number of critics in each political party in Parliament voice opposition to the element of compulsion in the metric changeover, and the Government delay seeking Parliamentary approval for an order setting a clear retail cut-off date.

alfatwo

Sorry, it was 1972:-

http://www.metric.org.uk/uk-metric-time-line

It seems we very nearly changed our road signs, but surprise surprise, the politicians fudged it.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Sorry mate, but over in Aus it was slowly introduced though the individual states in 1974

Regarding the imperial thing they were using for over a 100 years, the speed limits changed more or less over night to KPH

It wasn't a poplar move apparently, by the then Labour party in power at the time!

Dave