Car stopped with shed on it's roof

Wack61

My guess is Facebook, free if collected today

A few years ago I was on the M62, In front of me was a SUV with 3 fence panels on the roof rack , there's a B&Q at junction 9 , I think he made it up to about 60mph before they disintegrated all down the motorway

As you say, what goes through peoples minds, I'm not going far, I'll take it easy through town, no, lets take this wooden wind trap down the M62

agooner

In front of me was a SUV with 3 fence panels on the roof rack , there's a B&Q at junction 9 , I think he made it up to about 60mph before they disintegrated all down the motorway

Been there, done that. I brought two fence panels home on my SUV. I was scared to go above 20mph, they acted just like a wing on the roof. Drove about a mile then stopped to tighten down the ropes again. Luckily only had another mile to go. Next time when I bought four panels I got them delivered.

2b1ask1

Special case
Plasterboard or coving is a favourite for that, people seem to think it will be ok, get home and find it has all snapped off at the rope!

Mattp

I'll have to hold my hand up to almost being one of those people!
Bought a 12' trampoline without really thinking about how I was to get it home... I was in the MX5... ended up with the roof down, box just laid across the back of the car behind the wind deflecter, overhanging each side, arm over it as I very gingerly edged the car home.
In my defence, that house did join the industrial estate with a private road and I only had to make it from there down a quiet residential street to the house. I certainly wouldn't have thundered down a real road like that!

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I've thrown a double bed mattress straight on the roof to take to the tip a couple of miles away.
Well strapped down though!

MrMickS

I did see someone driving on the M25 with assorted furniture in the roof being held in place by the driver's hand through the sun roof.

If you drive enough miles there's nothing you won't see.