Anybody know this car?

lozcb

Saw this on fleabay, must admit it looks good, nice colour combo and would be a suitable replacement for my now rather sorry looking 3200, which the seller maybe interested in as PX

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200528943708&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Bit sceptical regarding the Skyhook, i thought that skyhook was developed for the 4200 and not the 3200, saying that Jezza 's 3200 same colour combo as this , had skyhook was one of the very last 3200 , in fact maybe the very last sold by Marranello , if its his car grab it like a shot its a minter but i think his was a 2002 model , worth sending him a pm from here and hope he picks up on it failing that i have a number for him somewhere , i think he was selling it around 6 months ago , i know that a few 3200 had skyhook but not many

Just rang the guy , doesn't seem to know too much about what he's got , but car has history and seem to stack up on , worth a viewing i reckon

regards loz

Last edited:

MAF260

Skyhook is quite common on 3200s, although I think it may have been called something else. My 3200 had it - easy to spot as the button on the centre console either says 'SPORT' (Skyhook) or 'POWER' - not Skyhook. Not sure if the POWER button only applies to autos as it changed the point/revs at which the auto box changed up & down gears. Perhaps somebody on here with a manual can confirm...?

GDL

My 2001 3200 has Skyhook - as confirmed to me by Maserati UK

Gordon

Andyk

Yep Skyhook was developed for the 3200.......Had it on mine.

Thats a nice looking 3200 and one thats been for sale for some time....Love the colour combo..

RSM Masser

Thats an interesting point Maf, my previous 3200 had a sport button (auto) but no skyhook, certainly changed the gearbox change parameters - not the reason it is now not the shape God intended

Andyk

Skyhook was an option in the 3200 and is mentioned as skyhook in my 3200 brochure..

safrane

Now if I recall correctly...and going back almost 3 years now that 2 garages in Cardiff were selling a very similar 3200, the car woul flit between the two each 3 months or so, sure this was one of the dealers and the car was with them for over 12 months...still thats nothing. Alfa Net have a silver 3200 that has not moved for over 3 1/2 years now

dem maser

peter your right..when i was looking 2 years ago i asked alfanet for some info for their silver one but he refused to budge on the price, even though i was a cash buyer no hp needed, well 2 years later im loving my AC and he still has it, 6k less than what he wanted

Andyk

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ..... Its in Barry..............run for your lives .............don't go there ........ save the women and children first.

PS. I'm sure the dealer is OK its just Barry that will change your life for ever...

MAF260

Thats an interesting point Maf, my previous 3200 had a sport button (auto) but no skyhook, certainly changed the gearbox change parameters - not the reason it is now not the shape God intended

Are you sure it didn't have Skyhook? I found the suspension changes quite subtle in my 3200 with SPORT engaged, but that's perhaps due to the massive difference in auto gearbox changes which made the car ferocious when overtaking or accelerating.

I suppose somebody could have changed the button to make the car look like it had Skyhook as a selling feature?

RSM Masser

Are you sure it didn't have Skyhook? I found the suspension changes quite subtle in my 3200 with SPORT engaged, but that's perhaps due to the massive difference in auto gearbox changes which made the car ferocious when overtaking or accelerating.

I suppose somebody could have changed the button to make the car look like it had Skyhook as a selling feature?

I dont think so, previous owner bought new shirts when his got dirty, so I doubt he did it, trouble is I never had it long enough to really get to grips with it all, definately took off like it had a rocket up its a**e and screamed like a Banshee with its balls in a vice in sport.

lozcb

I dont think so, previous owner bought new shirts when his got dirty, so I doubt he did it, trouble is I never had it long enough to really get to grips with it all, definately took off like it had a rocket up its a**e and screamed like a Banshee with its balls in a vice in sport.

Others will confirm, but due to the turbo lag ,controling the 3200 is all about timing , knowing exactly, when those turbo's are gonna cut in , many have been caught out unexpectedly or surprised by the sudden increase in power at the most in-oppurtune moment, coupled with the white painted line .....................

regards loz

RSM Masser

Others will confirm, but due to the turbo lag ,controling the 3200 is all about timing , knowing exactly, when those turbo's are gonna cut in , many have been caught out unexpectedly or surprised by the sudden increase in power at the most in-oppurtune moment, coupled with the white painted line .....................

regards loz

Thanks loz - I know someone who fits that description, which is why the next 3200 will be fitted with a piece of wood UNDER the loud pedal to stop it being depressed more than 1/2"

RSM Masser

Bit sceptical regarding the Skyhook, i thought that skyhook was developed for the 4200 and not the 3200, saying that Jezza 's 3200 same colour combo as this , had skyhook was one of the very last 3200 , in fact maybe the very last sold by Marranello , if its his car grab it like a shot its a minter but i think his was a 2002 model , worth sending him a pm from here and hope he picks up on it failing that i have a number for him somewhere , i think he was selling it around 6 months ago , i know that a few 3200 had skyhook but not many

Just rang the guy , doesn't seem to know too much about what he's got , but car has history and seem to stack up on , worth a viewing i reckon
regards loz

Loz - just spoke to the guy again, he rang Maserati after speaking to you, they confirmed by email that the Skyhook is fitted to this car, not sure if thats good or bad - another expensive fix if it goes wrong, but thats what credit cards are for! apperently only 20 or so cars had this option other than the Assetto Corse which Ithink had it has standard

RSM Masser

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ..... Its in Barry..............run for your lives .............don't go there ........ save the women and children first.

PS. I'm sure the dealer is OK its just Barry that will change your life for ever...

OMG - gonna go to Barry - any advice, is it true you have to pay to get in and its free to get out? do i need a survival kit? or shall I just tell my Mum incase I dont return.
Last time I went to Wales we had a coal industry